Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

XCharger #020 Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:48 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Default XCharger #020 Installed!!!

Well, #020 is officially installed!!!!

I did the subassembly, and a small problem was run into. I have never seen a supercharger or a bypass before, so I had no idea that the bypass was broken! The black cap snapped off at the junction between the front and rear of it, and the spring was loose. That's how it came in the box! I thought it screwed on, but unfortunately, it didn't. We got some epoxy and tie-wrapped it up, and it works perfectly fine. I'm going to contact Dave on Monday about getting a new bypass.

Paul (Torch_Vert), my brother, and my cousin did everything else. Space was cramped, and they were on a roll. I tried to get involved, but they had the mojo going for them. Two problems they ran into: 1, my cousin broke a spark plug and had to go out a buy a new one...just before they closed. 2, when screwing the MAF sensor in, the bolt snapped. Apparently the bolts that were on my CAI, which I'm pretty sure were my stock ones, did not line up properly with the Hi-Po airbox. It had to be drilled out, then we used self-drilling screws to fix it all up. We went a different route to modify the PCV tube. It seemed simpler than the method in the manual. Paul will be able to go into more detail. Other than that, we had no issues whatsoever. The installation, from start to finish, with a short lunch break, was right around 7 hours.

Starting up the car...OMG it sounded amazing. Since today is my cousin's bday, I let him have the first drive. He thought it was amazing. When I took it for a ride, my first thought was, "This didn't really do much, this drives pretty much the same." Then I got on the gas...once I hit 2k, that thing pulled like CRAZY. This just goes to show how streetable this kit is. If you want to just cruise, the X-Charger will let you cruise, with the car driving no different than it did before. If you stomp on it, you'll get thrown into your seat. At least for the next week or two, I KNOW I'll be going through a lot of gas!!!!!

I need to thank my brother Kyle, my cousin Matt, and most of all, Paul, for all their help. If it wasn't for Paul and his knowledge of this car and this kit, we'd still be there trying to install this kit. Not to mention all the tools he has! I'm very greatful, thank you so so much.

I have pictures and a video of the first start up, but I won't be able to post those until Monday night. I'll put them up here when I get them on my computer![/align]
Old 02-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: XCharger #020 Installed!!!

Congrats, yeah can't wait to see some pics and vids!
Sigh* one day I will get an X-Charger.........
Old 02-17-2007, 10:16 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Very cool, glad you had a McGuyver with you!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Just to fill in the blanks on the PCV tube issue, The reason we routed it differently was Brian previously had the K&N intake on there, and the install for that demands chopping the breather tube. Unfortunately the "X" install was expecting this breather tubeto be intact so it could be used to make a new PCV tube.

I looked at the bits and pieces we had available, and was able to work out a way to make the new tube using the parts on hand. It's a bit different than X-Charger "standard", but just as tidy and functional.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:16 AM
FastMustang06
1st Gear Member

I wish I can watch that video install now, then I would know if I can do it or not!

Just think about it, an Xcharger cost around $2000 but if you bring it to the shop it'll be $4500 for all the sheebang!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:25 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FastMustang06

I wish I can watch that video install now, then I would know if I can do it or not!

Just think about it, an Xcharger cost around $2000 but if you bring it to the shop it'll be $4500 for all the sheebang!
The Xcharger does not cost "around $2000"... it costs around $4000 depending on the kit
Old 02-18-2007, 12:02 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

congrats man
Old 02-19-2007, 01:20 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

I got my Hi-Po kit for $3500 in a group buy. The tunes cost me $100, and I also purchased the 2.8 pulley (stock is 3.0) for $99 and paid $25 to have the pulley installed. So, all in all, the kit cost me roughly $3800...plus two tanks of gas, lunch from Wendy's, and DND for the cost of the installation
Old 02-19-2007, 09:59 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Nice, congrats and enjoy
Old 02-20-2007, 12:21 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: XCharger #020 Installed!!! UPDATE

UPDATE:

Here's the link for pics from the installation:
X-Charger Installation Pics