Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

hit and run

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:41 PM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

Default hit and run

hey guys i got rear ended last weekend and it was a hit and run. the other car had no plates so im stuck with the expanses. the car is going into the shop on thursday and im hoping they dont hafta replace my dual magnaflows. and i was wondering, if they did hafta pull it out, would they replace it with new magnas or would they give me some stock tail pipes? cuz im pretty sure they said theyd bring my car to what it was originally. does that mean stock, or what it was before th collision?

thanks guys
Old 02-20-2007, 03:49 PM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: hit and run

also cant they just replace the underside pipes because the actual mufflers still look good?
Old 02-20-2007, 06:18 PM
retropony06
2nd Gear Member

I think maybe you should be asking the people working on your car, it would suck if you picked it up and it had a stock exhaust on it
Old 02-20-2007, 10:21 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

if your insurance is covering the work minus your deductible, they should be returning it to the condition the day of the accident. If not I'd be on the phone EVERY day with my agent and adjuster.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:12 AM
justiniida
1st Gear Member

women...
Old 02-21-2007, 02:15 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

how did they run off???...and how did you in a mustang not catch them???..for you to be immobile it had to be pretty hard thus their car would have been smashed up too.....just wondering and sorry to hear about your incident......sometimes i really hate people.......i live in l.a. there are hit and runs all the time here.....i hope it never happens to me and for the sake of the runner they better hopr my car is not driveableif they run, cause if it is....i will catch them and after treating their knee caps to some kung phunny they will pay for the damage to my ride.....
Old 02-21-2007, 02:23 AM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

how did they run off???...and how did you in a mustang not catch them???..for you to be immobile it had to be pretty hard thus their car would have been smashed up too.....just wondering and sorry to hear about your incident......sometimes i really hate people.......i live in l.a. there are hit and runs all the time here.....i hope it never happens to me and for the sake of the runner they better hopr my car is not driveableif they run, cause if it is....i will catch them and after treating their knee caps to some kung phunny they will pay for the damage to my ride.....
Good question.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Mark_Henry

ORIGINAL: damquick1

if your insurance is covering the work minus your deductible, they should be returning it to the condition the day of the accident. If not I'd be on the phone EVERY day with my agent and adjuster.
Unless you have a special rider clause on your policy that lists the added components then all the insurance company is liable for is what was on the car when you had the policy written. The best way to work around this is to talk with the technicians working on your car - the insurance company doesnt' care if you get a $500 stock muffler or a $500 aftermarket muffler - just that they don't pay more than they have to.

mark h
Old 02-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mark_Henry

ORIGINAL: damquick1

Unless you have a special rider clause on your policy that lists the added components then all the insurance company is liable for is what was on the car when you had the policy written. The best way to work around this is to talk with the technicians working on your car - the insurance company doesnt' care if you get a $500 stock muffler or a $500 aftermarket muffler - just that they don't pay more than they have to.

mark h
I agree. I had a GT bumper put on my pony when someone backed into it in a parking lot. I talked to the body shop and the price difference was 6 bucks... So i paid the difference... With the mufflers they should replace what was on there... Your car should be returned to how it was, not how someone else thinks it is supposed to be
Old 02-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

my screaming yellow has been hit and ran 5 times.... the most recent of which costing 3k worth of damage. be that! lol... sorry about it though, i def know how it feels... and everything

Quick Reply: hit and run