Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

moved up to 12PSI....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:27 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: moved up to 12PSI....

Thanks for posting the video - that was great! Too bad you couldn't find a straighter road to wind it out a bit!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

congrats man...awesome vid. but one question, I thought you had more than 302rwhp?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:34 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

ORIGINAL: scrming

So scrmn, how often do you change out your muffler? ;-)
You're running single exhaust right?
Don't you think you could do a bit better with duals and some high flow muff's?
I thought you were running an xc.
Have you tried one?
If so, do you like the centi' better?
Would you go turbo if you could?
Love the video! Looks like a GT catcher to me ;-)
Wolfey2k
Single exhaust.. BUT no cats... Need to figure out a setup that will sound some what descent... without the cats I got a HORRIBLE RASP at 3000 to 4000 RPM... I put the stock muffler on for the winter...

I have not been in an XC car... If money was no object I definitely would have gone with the PH Turbo... Mike gave me a ride in there V6 car way back in the fall of 2005... and I seen it run at the track... but I didn't have an endless supply of money... the Vortech fit in my budget and I have been extremely please with the results I have gotten from it... The original plan was really only to have a mid-13 second car... and here we are well into the 12's... LOL
Cool! So your engine is still otherwise stock right?
At one point I believe you changed out your crank pully to an underdrive and the alternator as well but you removed the alternator pulley due to another problem it caused.
The alternator pulley was a larger diameter right? Should have been I would think.
I know I shouldn't go off subject here but I never got an answer from you in a previous 'way old worn out' thread.
I'd like to try the larger alternator pulley. Can you tell me where to get one new?
God, I'm going to end up taking the dive for an sc sooner than I planned. Looks like great fun installing and of course using it ;-).
Wolfey2k
Yep, completely stock 4.0... including stock pulleys... LOL The PHP pulley is HUGE compared to stock... LOL!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:36 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

Thanks for posting the video - that was great! Too bad you couldn't find a straighter road to wind it out a bit!
Well... when I looked down and seen I was doing 110... well... It was quite the surprise! LOL
Old 02-21-2007, 11:43 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6VenoM

congrats man...awesome vid. but one question, I thought you had more than 302rwhp?
yep... was at 313RWHP with the aeroturbine muffler.... the 302 RWHP was with the STOCK Muffler... also the 313RWHP was at about 6000 RPM where as the 302RWHP was at about 5800 RPM... now the stock muffler swap is good for about 10RWHP on a NA car... Lidio said he could really tell the stock muffler was holding it back... he figures may 20+ RWHP if I got rid of the stock muffler... LOL
Old 02-21-2007, 11:50 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Cool man. I also have my pulley from vortech waiting to go on just havent done it yet. Didnt you 313rwhp before? You think the mrt muffler made that BIG of a difference or just better conditions last time? And i know you said the tach was off but can you guesstimate when you were making max boost? Good luck man definetely sounds sick

EDIT: Nvm on th enumbers question you posted before i did still interested in boost timing o_O
Old 02-21-2007, 11:50 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

So scrmn, how often do you change out your muffler? ;-)
You're running single exhaust right?
Don't you think you could do a bit better with duals and some high flow muff's?
I thought you were running an xc.
Have you tried one?
If so, do you like the centi' better?
Would you go turbo if you could?
Love the video! Looks like a GT catcher to me ;-)
Wolfey2k
Single exhaust.. BUT no cats... Need to figure out a setup that will sound some what descent... without the cats I got a HORRIBLE RASP at 3000 to 4000 RPM... I put the stock muffler on for the winter...

I have not been in an XC car... If money was no object I definitely would have gone with the PH Turbo... Mike gave me a ride in there V6 car way back in the fall of 2005... and I seen it run at the track... but I didn't have an endless supply of money... the Vortech fit in my budget and I have been extremely please with the results I have gotten from it... The original plan was really only to have a mid-13 second car... and here we are well into the 12's... LOL
Cool! So your engine is still otherwise stock right?
At one point I believe you changed out your crank pully to an underdrive and the alternator as well but you removed the alternator pulley due to another problem it caused.
The alternator pulley was a larger diameter right? Should have been I would think.
I know I shouldn't go off subject here but I never got an answer from you in a previous 'way old worn out' thread.
I'd like to try the larger alternator pulley. Can you tell me where to get one new?
God, I'm going to end up taking the dive for an sc sooner than I planned. Looks like great fun installing and of course using it ;-).
Wolfey2k
Yep, completely stock 4.0... including stock pulleys... LOL The PHP pulley is HUGE compared to stock... LOL!

Wow! That's aMONSTER pulley! :-D
I can see now why the belt can't grip too much of it.
Also you would need a longer belt? I suppose the slack in the stock belt taken up by the tensioner wasn't enough to handle the larger pulley so a longer belt would be required right?
No more than an inch I would think. Maybe half to 3/4 inch longer?
Is that yellow alternator cover necessary for any reason or is itjust engine dress up?
Did you see anyRWHP gain with the larger pulley and most importantly...
did youralternator still handle the electrical system load okay especially at idle?
Thanks man!
Wolfey2k

Old 02-22-2007, 12:01 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Also you would need a longer belt? I suppose the slack in the stock belt taken up by the tensioner wasn't enough to handle the larger pulley so a longer belt would be required right?
Is that yellow alternator cover necessary for any reason or is itjust engine dress up?
did youralternator still handle the electrical system load okay especially at idle?
Thanks man!
Wolfey2k
Alt pulley comes with a belt...

my write up is here: http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...htm#Alternator

The 2005's had a black alternator cover... I had mine painted...

Old 02-22-2007, 12:04 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Thanks man!
Wolfey2k
Alt pulley comes with a belt...

my write up is here: http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...htm#Alternator

The 2005's had a black alternator cover... I had mine painted...

Thanks scrmn!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:05 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

Cool man. I also have my pulley from vortech waiting to go on just havent done it yet. Didnt you 313rwhp before? You think the mrt muffler made that BIG of a difference or just better conditions last time? And i know you said the tach was off but can you guesstimate when you were making max boost? Good luck man definetely sounds sick

EDIT: Nvm on th enumbers question you posted before i did still interested in boost timing o_O
Boost was still climbing at 5800 when... On the street (while Lidio was driving ) the shift was a tad late and I seen the boost gauge read probably 13... possibly a bit more...

Quick Reply: moved up to 12PSI....