Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shelby grille in

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:26 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby grille in

Oh cool, I thought they originally came with the letters.

Where can I find one?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:28 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

www.hillbankmotorsports.com and shelby website. BUYER BEWARE IT IS NOT A GRILLE. I forgot to mention that. YOu have to cut up your stock grille and mount it onto there. Pain in the *** but it looks nice. It seems as though it would be a grille but its really kind of an overlay. You pretty much cut most of your old grille out though.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Is this because it possibly isn't made to fit our V6s? Just curious, thanks!

ORIGINAL: petepete

www.hillbankmotorsports.com and shelby website. BUYER BEWARE IT IS NOT A GRILLE. I forgot to mention that. YOu have to cut up your stock grille and mount it onto there. Pain in the *** but it looks nice. It seems as though it would be a grille but its really kind of an overlay. You pretty much cut most of your old grille out though.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

It is made for the v6. Youll will need these lights http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/p...ucts_id=100008and this grille http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/p...ucts_id=100007
Old 02-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Rogue24
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the compliments. I thought about getting it chromed some how but i saw the black shelby razors are coming out and i decided im going to get those black spoiler and black hood scoop so i decided leaving it plain would be good.
In that case, you may be better off buying silver razors and painting or powder coating the inner part of the rim black. It would be alot cheaper, get the rims from ebay.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:15 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

My buddy owns a tire shop and is able to get american racing brand wheels much much cheaper than listed So i will be goign through him. Shelby lists them at 400 each for the 20s. I think 18s will prolly be 250 or so he is able to get me the silver one sand stuff for 190 each so hopefully should be a good deal.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

looking good pete
Old 02-27-2007, 12:44 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Really?... that puts a new spin on things. I'm in the process of converting my car to a CS6, but i'm not so sure about that whole grill thing... I have the pony package, so my grill is different than the reg. v6... does that present a problem?
and when you say cut, do you mean literally cutting the plastic out of the center of the stock grill?... if so i dont like the sound of that

please elaborate on the install.
thanks
Old 02-27-2007, 12:59 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

looks good!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:07 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

yep you have to cut out the center portion of your grille where the pony is and since you already have a PP grille you wont need to cut out the fog light holes. Should be a little easier on yours if the fog light holes line up. If not you may have to buy a stock v6 grille. I would ask rogue i believe he had the pony package

Quick Reply: Shelby grille in