Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Any small turbos out there??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:01 PM
prozac
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Any small turbos out there??

hmmm they all look like decent options although i like the dea of "Obliterating" GT's lol

and to answer your question, no price is not a problem, just want my engine to last and be quick thats all

ive thought about nitrous as well but who doesnt want that whine when you rev up your engine right??

lol
thanks guys keep it coming
Zach
Old 02-26-2007, 09:06 PM
prozac
2nd Gear Member

and P.S. whats wrong with the vortech procharger???

i just got a quote ... that thing is cheap?? will it just not do as much s the others??

i guess it could be a great product ... im just a little old school .... the whole you get what you pay for mentality you know??

thanks
zach

Old 02-26-2007, 10:15 PM
tilt
2nd Gear Member

I think you are a little confused,Vortech and procharger are two different companies. But glad you got a good price.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:23 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Hey 8cdo3,
I understand how a spooling turbo can enable a 4.0 to obliterate a GT as well as many other cars on the road but if one does go with an xc, a blower, what are the chances of getting enough whomp out of the 4.0 togive anNA to moderately modifiedGT a real good spankin?
What's the max rwhp/rwt graph/spec. you have seen from a blower on a 4.0? Without risking blowing itself off the engine that is....:-]
Any hope?
Wolfey2k
Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

flapjack is 404rwhp and like 355rwtq (give or take on the torque) with his procharged 4.0
Old 02-26-2007, 10:58 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

I haven't gone up against a GT yet (I have other problems to deal with before I do that) but I had a 2004 GT owner ride along with me yesterday, and he said I should be able to "easily hang" with a GT.

I have the X-Charger...
Old 02-26-2007, 11:07 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

an xcharg'ed v6 will easily beat a stock gt if you ask me, and keep up with a lightly bolt on gt
Old 02-26-2007, 11:08 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ilduce321

I haven't gone up against a GT yet (I have other problems to deal with before I do that) but I had a 2004 GT owner ride along with me yesterday, and he said I should be able to "easily hang" with a GT.

I have the X-Charger...
Cool. Definately let me know if / when you get to spank a GT. I want to know what the look on his facewas too ;]
Doyou know what the RWHP/RWT is supposed to be now?
Are there different size pulleys' for them and howhigh can you safely push the boost pressure?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:11 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

I have the X-Charger...
Cool. Definately let me know if / when you get to spank a GT. I want to know what the look on his facewas too ;]
Are there different size pulleys' for them and howhigh can you safely push the boost pressure?
well a stick with the 2.8 like he is running is probably around 290rwhp maybe higher. You don't wanna go any smaller than the 2.8 on the x right now since there is no intercooler option available at the moment.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:27 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

I have the X-Charger...
well a stick with the 2.8 like he is running is probably around 290rwhp maybe higher. You don't wanna go any smaller than the 2.8 on the x right now since there is no intercooler option available at the moment.
Thanks 8c.
I'd really like to see someones dyno sheet on it. That would be cool.
Where would an intercooler go on the xc?
Know where any pics of that kind of setup are?

Quick Reply: Any small turbos out there??