Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharger (X) parasite loss

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger (X) parasite loss

One other thing I would like to mention you can't really go with a10% percent increase asaccurate asI seen people state thaton a Mustang dyno vs a dynojet and be accurate that does not hold true on all Mustang dynos.The reason being it depends on howthe MD been calibrated some MD can be calibrated to show the same results the same as anon Mustang Dyno. An example you could dyno the same car on a Mustang dyno and a dynojet and they could show around the same rwhp within 5 rwhporthen again it could show a 3-12% difference in rwhp so to be able to be accurate to find out for what the percent (the MD vs dynojet)you would have to dyno the car on both to find the accurate percent difference on the one you comparing it to.
I use PowerHouse's Mustang Dyno and have it on pretty good record that to get Dynojet #'s it would be 10%.
Obviously any different dyno you go to is going to reflect something different.
I think people tend to get caught up in numbers way too much, the ET is what is going to matter. I've been told by PH that my car should be capable of mid 12's, actually they simulated a 1/4 mile for me and produced 12.67 and that was with the car spinning a 2.1 60' time with trap at 114.7 So rather than get caught up in the numbers, I will shoot for that.
I am hoping to get a little more flow going with the addition of the GTA mufflers and shorty headers.Not sure about whether or not I will gut the cats or not.