Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CAI + TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:17 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

Default CAI + TUNE

I wanted some opinions on this, I have a 07 pony package, not even broken in yet, but I was contemplating on whether or not to get the tune and cai combo.. I have an auto, and I know it should eliminate the throttle lag and stiffen up my shift points.. but I plan to turbo/supercharge it in the future (in a couple of years). Right now I'm in college so it doesn't sit in a garage =(, but do you think it would be a waste to get the cai and tune right now? If I do get the cai + tune right now, it sorta seems like a waste of the cai.. should I just leave it alone til i really the bigger plans come up..? Any opinions are welcome.. thanks
Old 02-28-2007, 08:50 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CAI + TUNE

I'd say get it...it really is the best mod you can do...for autos especially..It boosts throttle response/hp and beefens up ur engine compartment. You will always need a tuner regardless of the cai and if you get a blower, and keep all ur boxes/instructions/parts, you can sell the cai on ebay for someone who doesnt want to pay full price.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:46 PM
MdnytRider
1st Gear Member

After filling up with 93 Octane in preparation for my X-Charger install, I went from the 89 Octane tune from Evo Performance to the 93 Octane Tune for my C&L Intake. If I had done that at first, there is a chance I might not have gone for the supercharger. Point is, a CAI and tune are the best mods you can do for the V6 for the money (IMHO). They really wake the car up - and believe it or not, my mileage increased. And they are easily reversible for trips to the dealer for the warranty conscious among us (please spare me the "You're lying to the dealer" morality speech - I'm a rebel like that). Congrats on the new car - have fun!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:56 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

...you need to update ur sig
Old 02-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Dean53
1st Gear Member

I just did this mod last week. Made good use of some of my tax return money haha! It was a fantastic improvement over stock. I would definitely recommend doing this. I personally went with the Demolet Tunable induction intake and SCT Xcal 2. Its custom painted to match my tungsten gray car so it looks great under the hood. Only took 20 minutes or so to put it on. Go for it!!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:50 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

My C&L+Xcal Brenspeed package arrives tomorrow! I let you know how it performs..
Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

....wait you got your tax return already? I probably have like afewhundred coming my way, but my employers havent given me my income forms.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:58 AM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dean53

I just did this mod last week. Made good use of some of my tax return money haha! It was a fantastic improvement over stock. I would definitely recommend doing this. I personally went with the Demolet Tunable induction intake and SCT Xcal 2. Its custom painted to match my tungsten gray car so it looks great under the hood. Only took 20 minutes or so to put it on. Go for it!!

I was also thinking about going with the Demolet and the Xcal, how much better is it? Everyone seems to be saying go for it, I think I will. Also Sandman, let me know how the Brenspeed tune goes!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:02 AM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MdnytRider

After filling up with 93 Octane in preparation for my X-Charger install, I went from the 89 Octane tune from Evo Performance to the 93 Octane Tune for my C&L Intake. If I had done that at first, there is a chance I might not have gone for the supercharger. Point is, a CAI and tune are the best mods you can do for the V6 for the money (IMHO). They really wake the car up - and believe it or not, my mileage increased. And they are easily reversible for trips to the dealer for the warranty conscious among us (please spare me the "You're lying to the dealer" morality speech - I'm a rebel like that). Congrats on the new car - have fun!

Wow.. you make it sound irresistable. You might've not have gotten the x-charger? I'm 90% I'm going to get the combo... thanks a lot for the input guys.. any more input is welcome!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Dean53
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GstangT

ORIGINAL: Dean53

I was also thinking about going with the Demolet and the Xcal, how much better is it? Everyone seems to be saying go for it, I think I will. Also Sandman, let me know how the Brenspeed tune goes!

I really like it! I did a lot of reading and looking and talking to different people before I pulled the trigger. I am very satisfied. John Demolet is a pleasure to deal with. It looks great under the hood (I'd take pictures if it wasnt raining/snowing/whatever its doing out right now....gotta love michigan weather) and the performance improvements were definitely noticable. You can hear it sucking in more air, but its not loud under the hood at all. Some intakes I have heard resemble a vacuum cleaner in sound which I didnt want, and didnt get with this this system. So thats a definite plus. Great system.

And nonstopred, yes, I got on board with filing the taxes quickly. That money burns a hole in the pocket very quickly haha. I would get on your employer about getting you your w-2s. I think they are supposed to get these to you by the end of january (by law?).

Quick Reply: CAI + TUNE