Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hurst Shifter RATTLING Remedies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:11 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Default Hurst Shifter RATTLING Remedies?

Though this has been touched on before....it is not the handle connection to the shifter........it is tight!
Has anyone? with the help of Hurst come up with anything concrete to fix this obnoixous sound coming from a shifter.............just trying get it tackled as everybody else. Sorry for the same question routine, but did a search and found nothing concrete as far as a remedy........

Please have a nice day...........[sm=gears.gif]rattle, rattle, rattle, rattle, rattle, rattle, rattle.........yes I am rattled!!!

Thank you for your time..........the rattled man!!!!
Old 03-11-2007, 06:24 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hurst Shifter RATTLING Remedies?

ORIGINAL: 4LITER6

Though this has been touched on before....it is not the handle connection to the shifter........it is tight!
Has anyone? with the help of Hurst come up with anything concrete to fix this obnoixous sound coming from a shifter.............just trying get it tackled as everybody else. Sorry for the same question routine, but did a search and found nothing concrete as far as a remedy........

Please have a nice day...........[sm=gears.gif]rattle, rattle, rattle, rattle, rattle, rattle, rattle.........yes I am rattled!!!

Thank you for your time..........the rattled man!!!!
Sorry for the inquiry........but, I have found my solution, I have read where using rubber washers between the handle shaft and the shifter shaft was an idea, I went with this at installation.......the rubber wears out after some time and leave you with a RATTLING handle.........rubber is wrong!
But I did use at installation was nuts on the end of the allen bolts that stuck out the other side when handle shaft and shifter shaft was fine thread lock nuts...........this prevents the allen bolt to come loose from the threaded handle shaft.................thanks MF you guys ROCK!!![sm=ts.gif]