Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What's Everyones Hurry??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 02:58 AM
MustangTraitor

Default RE: What's Everyones Hurry??

I must say that both have there place on the streets. Sometimes you want to relax and just put on some good music and cruise, and sometimes...eh who the heck am I kidding, even when you cruise you end up at a stop light. Once you end up at a stop light you are sure to be next to someone who wants to play, and life be no fun with all worky and no play!

Chris

P.S. I am new, by the by, and my Mustang is on order!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:06 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PonyUp

So, please don't all take this the wrong way, but, why are the majority of posts here about "how can I go faster?" Personally, I prefer to "cruise" in my 05 redfire, like back in the 70's when cruising was in. On the highway, I find it very relaxing to drive non-chalantly in the middle lane, and watch bozos in the cookie cutter cars zip past me. I find it amuzing seeing them stare at my beauty as they go by me! Of course, every onece in a while, I love to blow off from the redlight too!
Mustangs rule!
+1
Old 03-14-2007, 05:21 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

i drive faster than i should sometimes so i can get home and go to sleep.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:25 AM
57Heavy
1st Gear Member

Talkin' about the 70s (and the 60s) brings up memories of cruisin' in my 62 Dodge Dart (383 HP-4 speed). That was a long time ago and now I prefer not to leave my tire rubber on the road! Just running up though the gears,digging the sounds and tunes is cool for me. To each his own!
57 Heavy
Old 03-14-2007, 08:37 AM
jim01028
2nd Gear Member

+ 1 in my 05 Redfire
ORIGINAL: PonyUp

So, please don't all take this the wrong way, but, why are the majority of posts here about "how can I go faster?" Personally, I prefer to "cruise" in my 05 redfire, like back in the 70's when cruising was in. On the highway, I find it very relaxing to drive non-chalantly in the middle lane, and watch bozos in the cookie cutter cars zip past me. I find it amuzing seeing them stare at my beauty as they go by me! Of course, every onece in a while, I love to blow off from the redlight too!
Mustangs rule!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:47 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

1988 Ford Mustang GT 0-60=6.4 1/4 mile=15.0 (MT Jan '88)

2005 Ford Mustang V-6 0-60=6.9 1/4 mile=15.3 (C&D Feb '05)

would have been close...
Do you have times for a 2007V6 5 speed manual?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:48 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

dont tell me if you had a loud exhaust like i did you wouldnt excessively go revving it loud through town often blasting the music getting attention and winking at the babes
That would get me in trouble with the wife...

She doesn't like the radio too loud.

My wife's pretty cool,

SOHC
Old 03-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Sublimey
1st Gear Member

I can see your point...However, a Mustang is a driver's car. Not a rider's car. If it were meant to just cruise in it would be a much more comfortable ride. If all you want to do in your car is 'cruise' get a Buick or Cadillac. The ride is far more suited for just cruising around town.

Of course this is just my opinion...and you know what they say about opinions! ; D
Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sublimey

Of course this is just my opinion...and you know what they say about opinions! ; D
Yup, "Everyone's entitled to mine"...

My wife agrees with you, she doesn't like to ride in it, but likes to drive it.

She's made friends with the guy at the "full serve" in town... hmm what kind of station is that?

[sm=smiley36.gif]

I think the ride is a little too harsh for just cruisin'... my 429 Torino was good for cruisin' big ol' thick seats, nice soft competition springs & coil overload shocks on G60's...

SOHC
Old 03-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Sublimey
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOHCman

ORIGINAL: Sublimey

Yup, "Everyone's entitled to mine"...

My wife agrees with you, she doesn't like to ride in it, but likes to drive it.

She's made friends with the guy at the "full serve" in town... hmm what kind of station is that?

[sm=smiley36.gif]

I think the ride is a little too harsh for just cruisin'... my 429 Torino was good for cruisin' big ol' thick seats, nice soft competion springs & coil overload shocks on G60's...

SOHC

Your Wife is right. I LOVE my car but if I am not in the driver's seat, I'd rather be in something else.
I also agree with you. Give me a something with lazy boy seats and soft suspension and let me float down the road...that is cruisin.

Quick Reply: What's Everyones Hurry??