Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What's Everyones Hurry??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 12:14 AM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What's Everyones Hurry??

I'm in no hurry. I do plan on a CAI & 91 Tune however.
Sublimey, I like the rear blackout and bezels. Very sharp.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Dreamer

There's also something to say about having the top down, beautiful day, all waxed up and playing some good tunes and people give you the thumbs-up and it doesn't matter if it's a V-8 or V-6.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:06 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sublimey

I can see your point...However, a Mustang is a driver's car. Not a rider's car. If it were meant to just cruise in it would be a much more comfortable ride. If all you want to do in your car is 'cruise' get a Buick or Cadillac. The ride is far more suited for just cruising around town.

Of course this is just my opinion...and you know what they say about opinions! ; D
So true! A friend bought a 2006 Mustang GT and said it rides like crap and his wife is always complaining about how rough it feels! I told him, a Mustang is meant to feel the road not to ride on it. I suggested he buy his wife a Cadillac or Buick if she wants comfort.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:13 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

Cruising? That's an interesting concept on the highway lol Everytime I try to cruise when someone blows by me I get the itch and then it's back up to 80 again. It just sucks when your doing 115 and the car just wont go any faster and an S4 blows by you...GRRR. I usually only cruise when I am in town checkin out the chicas.

Must go faster!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Sublimey
1st Gear Member

rls82959 - Thanks for the Props on the Blackout Kit. I have been pretty happy with it.

07 Stang - Hi Five!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

When you look at the age poll that someone did recently tells you why most on here are looking for performance upgrades. Nothing wrong with that but alot are the Fast & Furious group. Hey I was young once too (long ago) and did my share of street racing then learned it was more fun at the dragstrip. Don't have to look in the mirror for cops for one thing. I'll tell you, once you get pulled over for street racing it's not fun anymore, ever. Anyway I enjoy cruising with my V6 Mustang and think nothing of putting a couple hundred miles on it every week, be it to distant car show or cruise nights or in the mountains on some winding roads. My car rides real nice too. And I have a bad back, I didn't think the GT's were that much stiffer, I suppose it depends on the wheels and tires each put on.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:07 AM
ponyskunk06
1st Gear Member

ITs not that I dont like cruising but I just like to Cruise faster than other People I jump out of planes for a living and sometimes i even stick my head out of a plane going 130knots to check a drop zone when i was in Iraq i used to love being a gunner in a humvee so i could be in the open air when we would patrol highways I i just find it exhilarting to cruise ay high speed confindently and safley weaving arund the slower conservative peons of life going about their dull lives in thier little comfort bubbles watching movies and dreaming blasting my music (The Sword: Age of Winters ) getting dirty looks from some and looks of envy from others sure it get tickets sometimes but you have to do uncomfortable thing to have experinces above the normal man you never get the view from the summit if you dont climb the mountain. I just like to do things above what most choose to do. I dont mean to brag and im not saying i enjoyed it but i mean ive killeda man before and i was shot (and missed) and it was all exhilrating but to do it I had to be uncomfortable at times Perhaps im rambling but thats what this subject does the bottom line is maybe we arent really hurrying but everyone else is moving too slow
Old 03-17-2007, 04:33 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

I love to cruise too, it a great riding car and the look is just beautiful. There is so much frigging potential with this car it just begs to be modded. I love the car and just like to drive it.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:02 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: rmays06

I love to cruise too, it a great riding car and the look is just beautiful. There is so much frigging potential with this car it just begs to be modded. I love the car and just like to drive it.
I echo the same sentiment. My problem is I like driving it in a "spirited manner". [sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I do more casual cruising than fast driving in my 'stang, but when the situation andmy mood call for higher velocities, it's nice knowing the car can do so easily...

Quick Reply: What's Everyones Hurry??