Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New V6 owner (well i will be in 3 weeks)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New V6 owner (well i will be in 3 weeks)

Hi, My 07 has been pretty good. I have the thunking problem in the front end as do others and a bad battery a month after I bought it new. Other than that it's been a great car. I know when you look at the lists of problems some cars had, it can give you a twich. But most are happy. I'm sure if you look at any car it could have faults. Best thing to do is go for a long test drive, find a bumpy road near the dealership and cruise slow under 35mph to see if it has the thunking noise. You don't need potholes, just little ripples/imperfections will show it. All the Mustangs can have the noise, just some don't show it right off the bat. Mine did. Anyway good luck. If the noise problem gives you second thoughts you can always order an 08 next month. Problem is supposed to be fixed for the next model year.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 PM
glasstripod

Thanks for all the advice ill have a good look through all the tsb's.
Im ex motor trade anyway so im not too scared by the list of faults. its a mass produced car not aBugatti Veyron. Cars have problems, some big some small but most do. im sure it will be a good one.
I cant wait to get her home its a3 week wait but its gonna be worth it.
I found out todaythe stanghas traction control and a load of upgrades which i wanst expecting.
Expecting some pics any moment so ill get them on as soon as i get them.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:08 PM
glasstripod

ORIGINAL: SOHCman

ORIGINAL: afixer

here is some reading for you its all the current tsb from the ford web site. for the 07 all the way back to the 05 . all are fixable the actually have a new one regarding the stering wheel and deck lid. 2hop let me now which one you need i cant remember which one i have given you already. i just look them up. dont be scared they are all fixable and the clunk has been around since 05 its not a big deal as some make it but is to some. btw the blue is not a link
Hey Afixer,

I think you scared ME!

And I already have a pony!

Hi Glasstripod!

I've had my V6 almost a year now and have almost 38,000 miles on her.

I've never been disappointed withmy choice(and I've had plentyof cars).

The first upgrade I'd suggest if you will drive in bad weather (no comments about the weather on your side of the Pond ) would be a limited slip axle (T-LOC).

Mine goes in on Tuesday. We live on a dirt road in the country. MUD season is here (once the last foot of snow melts).

Be waiting to see photos of your new baby when you get it!

Welcome aboard!

SOHC

Yeah our weather sucks ***... this morning i went out in a t-shirt and jeans and by lunch time we had a road closed due to a blizzard !!!
Bloody British weather... im getting rid of the 2 seater convert i have at the moment for that very reason
Roll on Mustang days ... cant wait.[8D]
Old 03-19-2007, 11:50 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: glasstripod

ORIGINAL: SOHCman

ORIGINAL: afixer

here is some reading for you its all the current tsb from the ford web site. for the 07 all the way back to the 05 . all are fixable the actually have a new one regarding the stering wheel and deck lid. 2hop let me now which one you need i cant remember which one i have given you already. i just look them up. dont be scared they are all fixable and the clunk has been around since 05 its not a big deal as some make it but is to some. btw the blue is not a link
Hey Afixer,

I think you scared ME!

And I already have a pony!

Hi Glasstripod!

I've had my V6 almost a year now and have almost 38,000 miles on her.

I've never been disappointed withmy choice(and I've had plentyof cars).

The first upgrade I'd suggest if you will drive in bad weather (no comments about the weather on your side of the Pond ) would be a limited slip axle (T-LOC).

Mine goes in on Tuesday. We live on a dirt road in the country. MUD season is here (once the last foot of snow melts).

Be waiting to see photos of your new baby when you get it!

Welcome aboard!

SOHC

Yeah our weather sucks ***... this morning i went out in a t-shirt and jeans and by lunch time we had a road closed due to a blizzard !!!
Bloody British weather... im getting rid of the 2 seater convert i have at the moment for that very reason
Roll on Mustang days ... cant wait.[8D]
My pony is now in the shop for the T-LOC. Tomorrow it gets its *** fixed, so to speak.

Hopefully they will have the MAF in too.

SOHC
Old 03-20-2007, 01:31 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

I love my V6 also. Yesterday, as I got out of my car to pump gas, I had 3 people staring at my car. When I walked into the gas station, a man asked me "Is that a V8 or a V6". I said "It's a V6" and he replied "it sounds awesome, are you sure its a V6?". I love the sound of my V6, and I'm sure you'll love your's also.

WARNINGO NOT MODIFY YOUR CAR OR YOU WILL BECOME INFECTED WITH ONE OF THE MOST CONTAGIOUS DISEASES-THE MODBUG. THIS DISEASE CONSISTS OF CONSTANTLY SPENDING MONEY TO MODIFY AND IMPROVE YOUR CAR AT ALL COSTS. TIME AND MONEY FOR YOUR WIFE WILL BE CONSUMED FROM THIS INFECTIOUS DISEASE.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:01 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06stang

WARNINGO NOT MODIFY YOUR CAR OR YOU WILL BECOME INFECTED WITH ONE OF THE MOST CONTAGIOUS DISEASES-THE MODBUG. THIS DISEASE CONSISTS OF CONSTANTLY SPENDING MONEY TO MODIFY AND IMPROVE YOUR CAR AT ALL COSTS. TIME AND MONEY FOR YOUR WIFE WILL BE CONSUMED FROM THIS INFECTIOUS DISEASE.
OUCH! I just got bit!

I ordered my GT bumper and rocker panels yesterday!!

Looking for Pypes today!!

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!

SOHC
Old 03-20-2007, 06:05 PM
glasstripod

Its got me already... ive picked out the wheels i'll be getting and some of those vented rear side window cover things. Ive not even test driven the car yet !!! Still i dont care if it drives like a roller skate, im hooked.
I can see me getting quite a few slaps off the mrs for getting into the mustang life.