Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shhh don't tell the GT guys!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:25 PM
afguy2005

Default RE: Shhh don't tell the GT guys!

ORIGINAL: Paleoc

I am in Virginia. The car was purchased in Kenesaw, Nebraska and is being built in Hastings, Nebraska. Not only was the car cheaper than anything I could have bought locally, but labor is something like 1/3 the cost per hour.
Where in VA Paleoc? I am in Newport News.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Boy that would be fun. Open the hood at car shows with that and watch the jaws drop. Wish I had the money.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanICON

Wow! Your car is being built out in the middle of nowhere! Yes, labor would definitely be cheaper... out there, they probably would have just traded you their work for a color tv! Just kidding..

That's about 3 hours west of Omaha, and I only know of dirt oval tracks out there. There is a 2.2 mile road course about 30 minutes south of Omaha called MidAmerica Motorplex. Is that where they'll test it?

Since I'm so close, and you'll probably need an unbiased driver....
http://www.racemph.com/
Motorsport Park Hastings.Brand new 2.1 mile track fully paved. Possibly the finest track in the Midwest.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mercury83

Paleoc,

how much will this transformation cost you total, with parts, paint, and labor included? i have been considering doing the take-off gt bumpers route, and while they cs6 transformation would be MUCH more expensive, it might just be worth it to start saving up and look to do this a few years down the road.
With the base car included, figure about the cost of a GT500 MSRP without ADM but with tags, taxes, license, delivery and all the other incidental expenses included. The CS6 kit itself is $15k from Shelby or my case Hillbank (paint and labor not included).
Old 03-21-2007, 10:39 PM
tilt
2nd Gear Member

I think this thread has been offically jacked

Lincoln NE here!
Old 03-22-2007, 12:06 AM
05 Bad V6

not to take the wind out of your sails, but for that amount of money in price difference, you could have bought a GT to begin with...I guess it would be cool from the stealth factor if you kept your V6 looking like a stock V6...
Old 03-22-2007, 12:36 AM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 Bad V6

not to take the wind out of your sails, but for that amount of money in price difference, you could have bought a GT to begin with...I guess it would be cool from the stealth factor if you kept your V6 looking like a stock V6...
ok.....

When are some of you going to get it thru your heads ..... a "GT" is not everyones dream/destination car, I love all mustangs period! but the Mustang GT isa different car than the Mustang "v6", just like the Cobras are different than GT's just like "Ford GT's" are different than Mustang GT's.

I am not even getting into technical weight/ distro issues or majorsuspenssion overhauling a cs6 has over a GT, but can't you even see that owning a badged production car like the CS6 is not only unique, it is a piece of history in the making or even an future investment?

If you have a six because you couldn't afford a GT, well then I am trully sorry that you didn't get what you really wanted, but please leave the wind in our sails, because there are "a lot of us"who have "chosen" to have a sixer by design.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:40 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I'm hoping to be able to catch Paleoc at a mustang club meet and check out his car. It looks sweet, I bet it handles like its on rails.

As for a V6, I'm a V6 owner and proud of it!
Old 03-22-2007, 12:44 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: A_Sixer

ORIGINAL: 05 Bad V6

ok.....

When are some of you going to get it thru your heads ..... a "GT" is not everyones dream/destination car, I love all mustangs period! but the Mustang GT isa different car than the Mustang "v6", just like the Cobras are different than GT's just like "Ford GT's" are different than Mustang GT's.

I am not even getting into technical weight/ distro issues or majorsuspenssion overhauling a cs6 has over a GT, but can't you even see that owning a badged production car like the CS6 is not only unique, it is a piece of history in the making or even an future investment?

If you have a six because you couldn't afford a GT, well then I am trully sorry that you didn't get what you really wanted, but please leave the wind in our sails, because there are "a lot of us"who have "chosen" to have a sixer by design.
great point and I agree...go for it..my only comment I will say is that for a little over $5000 I will now have a car with 480 to 500 BHP or 420-430 rwhp...but yes the sixers have some nice lines and modability (if thats a word) I have a couple guys around here that their sixes blow the doors off some stock gt's,,,, I personally do like the rear spoiler on the six...lower profile...cleaner look....IMO....I say SC that six and surprise the shiznit out of some people....good luck and have fun...because GT or six, tribute car or stock look...these cars were made for fun and owner originality.....
Old 03-22-2007, 12:57 AM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

one question...how come no turbo they make more power than s/c's and less engine stress

oh and what are the differences in the gt and the v6 besides the fact of weight???

Quick Reply: Shhh don't tell the GT guys!