Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:33 AM
MacOStang1288

Default Turbo!

Ok I found this Turbo kit on Ebay and I was just woundering if anybody knows if it is good or not? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-94...03088066QQrdZ1
Old 04-04-2007, 02:34 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Turbo!

no. bad idea. do not click buy button.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:41 AM
MacOStang1288

Ok well why not? Is it the price that is bad or is it the turbo. I really want to know what you guys think because I dont know what else to do I dont seem to find anything else out there that is under 2000$ that will make my Stang really go. Some stubid kid tried racing me with his EVO. All I want to do is have a fast car that can keep up with the V8 stang.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:50 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

well you have to pay to play my friend. Nitrous is the cheapest way and it CAN be done safely, i suggest you talke to scrming or rygen about that as they have some pretty extensive experience with it. Im sure one of em ill pop up in here, now for the turbo-

Well turbocharging/supercharging is alot more complicated than you know, and some turbo with some piping wont just bolt up to any mustang since the 80's and be ready to go. First of all, piping will have to be different for all of the different engine models (so this kit's piping wont work for all of them, definately not the 4.0), the setup has to be carefully designed for the best match of flow characteristics to the engine, for best performance/reliability. this setup does not come with any fuel management, tuning, etc. etc. so there is ALOT more you will need. It is just not the way you are ognna want to go trust me. Turbo setups are the most expensive way to go right now. If you want performance for the money, go with nitrous. If you are willing to spend maybe twice what you stated (2k) you can get most of the supercharger setups you will find around here, (vortech,procharger,x-charger). There is alot of info around here and alot of people to answer questions, so ask away. I have to go to bed cause i have surgery in the morning [&:] (wish me luck!) but if you want me to better explain why not to get this setup i will have lots of free time while i am recovering this week, so feel free to pm me. But for now just know, this is not a good idea!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:54 AM
tilt
2nd Gear Member

Somebody posts this every couple of weeks....and I just want to see someone try the damn thing.

8CD is one of a few guys that know a thing or two about turbos so listen to him instead of me because I say place your bid. And if you do decide to bid don't "Buy it now" If you makethe minimum bid you will win.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:56 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

very bad idea....dont do it!! anyways, evo's are really fast....REALLY FAST
if you want cheap power, you can get a nitrous kit, all said and done, for around 2k

currently the ONLY cheap option to forced induction is the vortech kit, for around 3k you can get a full setup that you can run at 8psi.....with that you probably still wont be beating any evo's lol
Old 04-04-2007, 08:30 AM
57Heavy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Surgery

Good Luck on your surgery Clay. Speedy recovery.
57 Heavy[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MacOStang1288

Ok I found this Turbo kit on Ebay and I was just woundering if anybody knows if it is good or not? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-94...03088066QQrdZ1
By the time you fab the manifold, downpipe, buy a tuner, injectors, pay for a dyno tune and any extra parts you need... you could have a tested, tuned and ready to bolt on kit.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:31 AM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 04-04-2007, 02:43 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

very bad idea....dont do it!! anyways, evo's are really fast....REALLY FAST
if you want cheap power, you can get a nitrous kit, all said and done, for around 2k

currently the ONLY cheap option to forced induction is the vortech kit, for around 3k you can get a full setup that you can run at 8psi.....with that you probably still wont be beating any evo's lol
evo's are really really fast? the evo club was at the track a few times ago, and the fastest one there (28psi) was running 12.4

Im pretty sure with less than half that PSI, and only 2 wheels powering my car, and weighing more, imma take them down lol

Quick Reply: Turbo!