Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NEWBIE QUESTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:40 PM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: NEWBIE QUESTIONS

ORIGINAL: damquick1

Lowering increases the center of gravity, thus increasing the handling responses. Unless you plan to go track racing on banked curvesor open road racing it isn't neccessary. The best way to improve the "ride" is to invest in high quality tuned suspension componets..i.e. struts, springs, camber and castor plates, and sway bars. 90% of the folks these days lowering thier cars don't follow through with the proper suspension geometry and are achieving the "look" more than anything.
Litres is the cubic displacement vs. cubic inches of displacement (the old days) there are 60.4Cubic inchesto a litre of displacement so your 4.0 is basically a 241 cubic inch engine 60.4 x 4.0=241(small V8 size realistically) it's just metric vs US standard.
As for the muffler it does not matter, it's all in design, some manufacturers always use either the right or left rear, usually domestics have them on the right rear, alot of imports the left due to front wheel drive and it's an easier or less costlyexhaust system to build by design.
There is a huge amount of info on this site, don't be afraid to ask questions most of these folks are here to help, and learn as well, and you can get a HUGE amount of information and opinions as well.
By the way...nice lookig horse you got there!
I just read this (don't know how i missed it). But THANK YOU for the extensive input bruh!
By the way what makes a flowmaster or borla muffler better than my magnaflow? Is thedifference big enough to buy a new one? (i'm a college student and i just bought this magnaflow)
Old 03-30-2007, 10:38 AM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

the flow would be better and better sound, if you want to stay with single outlet go to v6mustangstuff.com and check out the mrt aeroturbine axle back, most gain and great sound. and not too pricey. def worth it. if you are shopping for exhausts check out ninosport.com they have the most that i ahve seen.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:15 PM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

Oh ok...thanx for the response.

5) What are Hood Pins for?
Old 03-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

another thing you should get if you plan on increasing your HP alot, is better breaks, the faster you go the faster you need to slow down.

hood pins are just for visual effects, some are attached using tape, and the shelby hood pins are attached by drilling into your hood. they are mainly used to make the car look more retro.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:33 PM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

Oh ok. So what were hood pins used for back then?
Old 03-31-2007, 10:10 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

hood pins were used to keep the hood down, they didnt have latches. I have mixed feelings on putting the hood pins on my car, part says it looks awesome, but they tend to leave very tiny scratches in the paint from the wind.

I think I still might get them.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:28 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

ORIGINAL: lazybiscut

the v6 is limited at 113, and you def didnt go 125 in a untuned one, no offense, you just didnt
Would my speedometer be inaccurate at the time then? Because the marker went past the 120 and I let off the gas. But it certainly didn't feel that fast...I've gone 125-130 in my old Nissan Sentra (totally unexpected but yea...) and that felt fast.
I remember reading on the forum that our speedos become innacurate beyond 100mph, which the OP backed up by comparing his speedo to a GPS handheld. So it may have read >120mph, but that probably wasn't the case unless the governor was removed.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:13 AM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

6) What does CAI stand for?
Old 04-02-2007, 05:10 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

cold air intake

btw: you are really covering all the "noob" questions! we should probably make this a sticky for others
Old 04-02-2007, 09:00 PM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

lol...i feel dumb as hell.

Quick Reply: NEWBIE QUESTIONS