Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dealer will program and warranty my tune?

Old 03-31-2007, 01:47 AM
Andaloro99

Default Dealer will program and warranty my tune?

After reading through this forum for the past few months, I ampretty surethat a tune would be a wise investment; but I have some clarifying questions before I buy one. At the Milwaukee autoshow, a friend of mine was talking to the service manager of an area dealership who is Ford Racing licensed. They told him that if they do the work on any performance part that they purchase and install, they will make sure that the warranty stands.

I stopped in to talkwith them today, andthe service manager told me that with my intake and exhaust, the tune would really help. They will order a SCT tuner and program it for me for $425 to $450. The great thing is that they will continue to honor my warranty, the bad thing is that I can't hide from Ford that I have a tune.The only other place I know of around here said they will use a Diablo sport tuner and tune it for $550.

Questions:
1) Is it wise to have them order and program it?
2) Is that there a difference between tuners, and is that the right one to get?
3) Can I buy a tuner online and purchase a tune for it myself?
4) I see people buy tuner and intake sets, will i get results with the K&N CAI?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:22 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer will program and warranty my tune?

I wouldnt get it through the ford place, you dont know how good the tunes are for it and its a risk i would think. You probably should go through referrals on this forum and members that are happy with the tunes they got;

For example, i got my Intake and SCTII Tuner from Evolution Performance. Theyre tunes are amazing in the way it changed the performance of the car. If you ask around on here there are more sponsors who are very oftened referred to others because of the good history with clientel. Good Luck