Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Grille with foglights

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 03:49 PM
sixbanger06
1st Gear Member

Default V6 Grille with foglights

Does anyone know if there is a grille available that looks the same as the GT grill (with foglights and Pony emblem) that will fit the V6 bumper. I know I can replace my V6 frontbumper with a GT and then get the GT grille with fogs, or I can get the street scene kit with the fogs in the middle of the grille. Just wondering if anyone knows if or where I can order a grill that looks like the GT grill but fits the V6 bumper. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2007, 04:35 PM
06 Pony
1st Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Grille with foglights

I have seen a few with that street scene elenoar grille, it looks really good and you do not have to change your V-6 front end.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Here you go, you may be able to find it cheaper, when we went to the FFW event here in Orlando one of the vendors was selling this exact kit for like $300. http://blueovalindustries.bluekeyinc...p?pid=99012902
Old 03-31-2007, 07:11 PM
deutscherstang
I ♥ Acer

i like the look of the street scenes in the middle that give it a retro look, then run a pair of 10" stripes centered with those...looks amazing
take rygen as an example.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:44 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

I was in exactly the same spot as you. I really liked the GT look, but nobody made one for the V6. Close but not exact. Either the holes weren't in quite the right spots or if they were, then the grille was made out of the wrong stuff. I went to the Performance center Website, they advertised one that was supposed to be the same, so I ordered it. When it got here, it looked like one of the ones from ebay that has the fogs mounted a little more toward the middle than they should be. If there is an exact copy of the GT grille, I haven't seen it, and I've looked quite a bit. Good luck!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:09 PM
tedBalog
2nd Gear Member

I've actually got a couple of KC lights, in the stock V6 grill. Only disadvantage is they're glass -- rocks + glass = broken..
Old 04-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 68XR7

I was in exactly the same spot as you. I really liked the GT look, but nobody made one for the V6. Close but not exact. Either the holes weren't in quite the right spots or if they were, then the grille was made out of the wrong stuff. I went to the Performance center Website, they advertised one that was supposed to be the same, so I ordered it. When it got here, it looked like one of the ones from ebay that has the fogs mounted a little more toward the middle than they should be. If there is an exact copy of the GT grille, I haven't seen it, and I've looked quite a bit. Good luck!
Did you see this one?
http://blueovalindustries.bluekeyinc...p?pid=99012902
Old 04-01-2007, 04:28 PM
tailwind

There is and I wish I were home so I could give you the exact website but got a kit from Mustang Restoration or mustangrestro, something like that. The kit is for a V6 and includes the grill, two fogs lights, wiring harness, and factory lightswitch, & pony for the grill, $400 plus shipping. I just started installing mine and ran into a snag in that they forgot to include directions. They said they will send directions. My problem is that there is not clearance for the grill to snap in because the horns need to be relocated and the tab that the horns mounted to must be cut off. Once I did that the new grill snapped in place. The grill appears to be a little different than the GT grill in that the fog lights don't seem to be placed quite as far outward. Maybe if the fog lights were further outward there would have been no interference.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:37 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

mine is the street scene
https://mustangforums.com/m_1929768/tm.htm
Old 04-01-2007, 05:13 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

any other cool v6 grill options, ive seen guys on here with nice ones, i want the pony logo still but some fog lights, maybe unique ones, eleanor ones would be nice

Quick Reply: V6 Grille with foglights