Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cut Catylic Converter?

Old 04-17-2007, 06:35 AM
05MineralGreyMustang
1st Gear Member

Default Cut Catylic Converter?

Ok , If i was to cut my Catylic Converters Off What positive Feedback will i get and what negative Feed back will i get
I hear that sometimes you can loose acceleration ? And then some tell me you gain acceleration ?

Ony this i would love to know is how does it sound with JBA Shorty headers - Flowmaster exhaust 40 serie's and NO CATS!!!!!!

Will i get more ROAR ,.. Throaty sound im close to that throughty sound i feel like my car sounded better without HEADERS!

More throatier ? What the solution i want more sound and i want more HP
Overall i want more HP !

Old 04-17-2007, 07:24 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Cut Catylic Converter?

ORIGINAL: 05MineralGreyMustang

Ok , If i was to cut my Catylic Converters Off What positive Feedback will i get and what negative Feed back will i get
I hear that sometimes you can loose acceleration ? And then some tell me you gain acceleration ?

Ony this i would love to know is how does it sound with JBA Shorty headers - Flowmaster exhaust 40 serie's and NO CATS!!!!!!

Will i get more ROAR ,.. Throaty sound im close to that throughty sound i feel like my car sounded better without HEADERS!

Overall i want more HP !

It will be incredibly LOUD... it will sound AWESOME at startup and idle... and even cruising at 2000 RPM... but when you hit 3000 RPM it will really sound like sh*t... it will buzz so bad you will hide your head in shame... at 4000 RPM the buzz will start to disappear and the car will sound ok again...

I definitely picked up some HP... but then again I'm FI... i went from like 13.0/13.2 down to 12.84 in the 1/4...
Old 04-17-2007, 10:04 AM
tedBalog
2nd Gear Member

I believe with no cats you would be raspy and very poppy. It would definately sound nice in low rpms.. But as soon as you throttle it [&:]
Old 04-17-2007, 08:14 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

hmmm what about high flow cats?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

it will sound bad...especially if you have different types of pipes on it...not worth the trouble...
Old 04-17-2007, 10:01 PM
jettblack06
1st Gear Member

its a very interesting sound lemme tell ya, i have the identical setup you have/talking about with the exception of the intake. if you would like i could send you a sound clip. its definately raspy 3-3800 rpm but doesnt sound bad otherwise.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:23 AM
Glacial
1st Gear Member

I think you'd see some noticeable gains from replacing the cats with straight pipes, and then throwing in a single high-flow cat and maybe a $30 resonator near the center of the car to keep the *** sound away.

The nearer to the engine the exhaustrestriction is, the worse for performance -- Ford pretty much bolted the cats to the manifolds so they'd heat up faster, which is forlower emissions. It's just about the worst setup for performance, though.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:29 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MineralGreyMustang

Overall i want more HP !
jba headers....flowmaster super40s, no catshuh....

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...atsoutside.flv

itd sound exactly like that lol

couple more
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...t=drivebye.flv

inside the car
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...=windowsup.flv

lazy 15 to 90 accel (no redline, and shifting with the hand not holdin the camera lol)

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...lazy15to90.flv

for those curious, 9psi of boost on those videos
Old 04-18-2007, 01:48 AM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

...lol open pandora's box if u want...u might unpleasantly surprised...i'll say it in advance...'i told u so'...
Old 04-18-2007, 02:02 AM
Glacial
1st Gear Member

Do it my way, that's what all the cool kids are doing [8D]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cut Catylic Converter?