Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

omfg the anticipation is killing me

Old 04-20-2007, 12:21 AM
tyzorg
I ♥ Acer

Default omfg the anticipation is killing me

So do you guys remember a few weeks back when I said I bit the bullet and had the parts ordered at my local tune shop? well there in, and so is the car and today I checked in on my baby in the shop and saw the new muffler and airintake put in, damn that intake is hella huge! suprised me... anyway i saw the rear was taken appart, the wheels and brakes were off and the t-loc was on the ground ready to be put on, god i cant wait for this thing, im gonna go nuts till its done tomorow... but I had one question, is it really necessary to remove the brakes?.. anyway im so excited (incase you couldnt tell, lol)

Woot woot!..

-----------------------------------
2006 mustang v6 premium auto
mods coming: steeda CAI, Diablosport tuner, T-loc, 4.10 Gears, Underdrive Pulley, and a Mrt axleback exhaust.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:30 AM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: omfg the anticipation is killing me

Congrats!!!!

Yes the axels are pushed out to make room in the differention case to install the T-lock......To move the axels outwards you need to remove the brake assembly....

Old 04-20-2007, 12:00 PM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

very nice are you getting new gears as well?
Old 04-20-2007, 07:02 PM
tyzorg
I ♥ Acer

sickstang, yes i got 4.10s put in

anyway.. ITS OFFICIAL! i brought her home today, omg she sounded so good i sat there for a good minute or two just revvin her before i backed out and drove home... damn that exhaust sounds a HELL of alot better than i thought... warning for people wanting to buy the mrt axleback, it sounds great, but it sounds ricy aswell. but i love the sound..
so list of mods installed, Diablo sport tune, 4.10 gears, Ford t-loc, Steeda CAI, and underdrive pulley... now the peformance is alot improved, but it isnt as huge as i thought, but its currently on a 87 tune, i hope once i run the tank down and put in 93 it does better.. ill make sure to keep yall posted..!!!

Ps. i feel like takin her out again, lmao im hooked! ill be back later! yee-haw!
Old 04-20-2007, 07:03 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

how much was the install?
Old 04-20-2007, 07:06 PM
tyzorg
I ♥ Acer

I didnt get the final numbers as im taking my F350 in tomorow to get a exhaust put in so the guy just said pay for the car tomorow, and i didnt ask to see the final numbers cause i wanted to sleep well tonight, LOL, but im THINKING the origonal estimate was 500 for the tloc and the gears, mabby.. im not certain, ill let you know tomorow jaded.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Your probably not going to feel a difference with the 93 tune.
ORIGINAL: tyzorg

sickstang, yes i got 4.10s put in

anyway.. ITS OFFICIAL! i brought her home today, omg she sounded so good i sat there for a good minute or two just revvin her before i backed out and drove home... damn that exhaust sounds a HELL of alot better than i thought... warning for people wanting to buy the mrt axleback, it sounds great, but it sounds ricy aswell. but i love the sound..
so list of mods installed, Diablo sport tune, 4.10 gears, Ford t-loc, Steeda CAI, and underdrive pulley... now the peformance is alot improved, but it isnt as huge as i thought, but its currently on a 87 tune, i hope once i run the tank down and put in 93 it does better.. ill make sure to keep yall posted..!!!

Ps. i feel like takin her out again, lmao im hooked! ill be back later! yee-haw!