Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Say I want to run the Shelby/Paxton Supercharger with Intercooler....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 07:42 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Default Say I want to run the Shelby/Paxton Supercharger with Intercooler....

What else would I need to make sure it runs at it's proper efficentcy? CAI/Tune required? Can I run on dual GT Takeoff's? The 8.8 rear end really neccessary?

Sorry but I'm new to the whole modding scene. I just finished my exterior mods and now to work on it's insides....
Old 04-23-2007, 08:58 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Say I want to run the Shelby/Paxton Supercharger with Intercooler....

as far as i know, and i dont know much, but having the supercharger would replace your CAI, if i read what others have said properly. i'd assume using GT dual take offs would be fine. there are tons of supercharger guys on here though and they can tell you
Old 04-23-2007, 09:09 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Say I want to run the Shelby/Paxton Supercharger with Intercooler....

you need nothing.

Recomended mods
LSD
Exhaust you can use dual gt takeoffs.
Dyno TUne

But you really dont need anything at all. It comes with the tune and everything you need
Old 04-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CroDalmatinac

What else would I need to make sure it runs at it's proper efficentcy? CAI/Tune required? Can I run on dual GT Takeoff's? The 8.8 rear end really neccessary?

Sorry but I'm new to the whole modding scene. I just finished my exterior mods and now to work on it's insides....
The Paxton comes with a CAI and a diablo predator tuner. GT takeoffs will be fine. The 8.8 rear is not necessary but upgrading the 7.5would be a good idea.