Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Crapped out on me

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:57 PM
SemperFi789
2nd Gear Member

Default Crapped out on me

So this saturdayI was driving home from Penn State on Rt 80. As I am two and a half hours from home in a single lane (construction zone) on rt 80 goin 75 mph, my car just completly turns off on me out of no where. Thank god, there was an exit nearby because there was no shoulder, by the time i had gotten to the exit, the car had coasted all the way down to 40mph. There I am trying to get the car to start for 4 hours, no lie. The first couple times that i tried to start the car, the engine seemed like it was taking in some gas because the engine was shakin a bit. but then after a while it just started cranking but no cigar. After about 4 hours i tried to turn the car on with one last twist of the key and voila, it turned on and i was able to drive back home. So a drive that was supposed to take me 3 and a half hours ended up taking almost 9. As of now the car turned on once and since then i havent been able to turn the car on. At one time the engine even turn on like it was taking in some gas but not enough or somethingbecause it was shaking and even the muffler was shaking in the back. It kinda sounded like an old muscle car. What i dont get is why it had to crap out on me, out of all days. I actually encountered this problem a couple times last summer but i was either in my driveway or real close to home. What i noticed was that it was real hot on saturday, and it hadnt happened since last summer.

What could this be? I have a viper 791 alarm with remote start in my car, could this have anything to do with it?
Please help me out, this is a real pain in the a** when i cant even drive my mustang. At this point i just want to trade it in for another car preferably a gt, if i could get it claimed as a "lemon" that would be great. Any feedback would be appreciated
Old 04-24-2007, 11:49 PM
mightymax

Default RE: Crapped out on me

I am no expert but my thoughts are the fuel pump is crapping out on you.
I had this happen once with a Dodge Shadow. Finally got it started only to get it home and not be able to start it until the pump was replaced.

Good Luck,
Max Bryant
Old 04-24-2007, 11:57 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

take it to the dealer dude i mean damn! could be the fuel pump...could be a REAL clogged fuel filter maybe, could be alot of things, just take it in they will figure it out. Are you still under warranty?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:08 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Sounds like the fuel pump to me too. My friends explorer did the same thing. Started, died, wouldnt start, then it started again, turned it off and it was dead for good untill the pump was replaced.

Or the ignition pack could be going bad too...
Old 04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
SemperFi789
2nd Gear Member

can it really be that , i just hit 10000 miles on that trip, and could that being bad and it stalling out on me have something to do with it being a hot day
Old 04-25-2007, 02:59 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Take it to the dealer!

Just curious, how come you did not bother calling Roadside assistance?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:14 AM
SemperFi789
2nd Gear Member

i have a cai with a tune in the car, the last time i took it to the dealer they told me it was my remote start so i wanna disable all that so they dont tell me that crap again

Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 PM
zid3
2nd Gear Member

its ur fuel pump i had the same problem at 587 miles
Old 04-30-2007, 03:03 PM
SemperFi789
2nd Gear Member

haha, so i just got the car back on friday and the dealer told me that it was the cut off switch.....thats bs! how did i kick it while i was driving and it somehow turned back on4 hours later.....and then didnt turn back on at all....im tired of this car...does anyone know how to get a new one? (no lemon)
Old 05-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SemperFi789

haha, so i just got the car back on friday and the dealer told me that it was the cut off switch.....thats bs! how did i kick it while i was driving and it somehow turned back on4 hours later.....and then didnt turn back on at all....im tired of this car...does anyone know how to get a new one? (no lemon)
How old are you?

Quick Reply: Crapped out on me