Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Streetscene rear valance for V6 - post pic

Old 04-28-2007, 04:24 AM
mustangpogi
2nd Gear Member

Default Streetscene rear valance for V6 - post pic

Anybody used this rear valance on there V6? Please post your picture. I can't find a takeoff rear bumper for windveil blue and I might go this route. So if youhave used the SS rear valance post your picture. How hard is the install? will it line-up with the stock side rocker.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:28 AM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Streetscene rear valance for V6 - post pic

works on gt bumpers only. And should be molded in otherwise will look sort of tacky.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:38 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

actually they have one for the v6. and it already has the cut out located on the driver sid if you have duals. i am actually going to street scene on monday they are using my car as the test fit for the new gen 2 front facia for the v6. ill post pics but back to topic if you doing this for duals just cut the bumper. i did mine and we have a good write up on this its pretty easy.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

I had a SS rear valance on my stang. It looked pretty good from a distance, but I wasn't happy with the gaps around the exhaust pipe area, so I took it back off. Maybe my particularvalance was just bad quality, I don't know, but I deinitely couldn't deal with the gaps. I don't think i'll be buying anymore body pieces from SS again though, for now on it will strictly be Cervini, which I knowhas excellent quality body pieces.

With valance...
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ustang%20pics/

Without valance...
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tangSubFolder/

Old 04-28-2007, 03:08 PM
mustangpogi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pantera72

I had a SS rear valance on my stang. It looked pretty good from a distance, but I wasn't happy with the gaps around the exhaust pipe area, so I took it back off. Maybe my particularvalance was just bad quality, I don't know, but I deinitely couldn't deal with the gaps. I don't think i'll be buying anymore body pieces from SS again though, for now on it will strictly be Cervini, which I knowhas excellent quality body pieces.

With valance...
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ustang%20pics/

Without valance...
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tangSubFolder/

What gap? It looks goods, I thinks it's better if you have a larger exhaust to fill the gap.

Afixer
Let me know how it looks. I have to get a valance because I am installing a Black Chin Spoiler and I bought a black take-off side rocker, I think it will looked ugly without the rear line.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2007, 03:19 PM
TripleExpresso
I ♥ Acer

I think that looks really good. Different tips maybe to fill in?
Old 04-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangpogi

What gap? It looks goods, I thinks it's better if you have a larger exhaust to fill the gap.

Not that gap lol. The gap can't be seen in the pics, but it is there. Its right around the area where the exhaust pipes come out. The valance didn't contour to the bumper good enough and caused gaps. It was driving me crazy to look at those gaps everytime I walked by my car, so they had to go.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:59 AM
FastMustang06
1st Gear Member

I have it and my biggest problem is how to make it stick tight enough not to come off when running on a bump! I have to drill screws on it and you have to remove the whole rear bumper to have a good install rather than just crawling under your car.
With the price difference just a little compared to the GT rear bumper....I wouldn't take the pain when installing it. Buy the GT bumper!