Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

superchargersonline.com

Old 04-29-2007, 03:09 AM
jettblack06
1st Gear Member

Default superchargersonline.com

well ive finally thought about taking the plunge and buying a supercharger, superchargersonline.com has the best prices i've found but is it too good to be true? anyone have any experience or heard any horror strories about them? they have very very low prices just making sure it isn't a scam or rip off, if anyone knows anyone with lower prices would definately appreciate the feedback.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: superchargersonline.com

Definetely go for it!! I haventheard any bad stories from them they seem like a realiable company. What setup are you thinking of going with?
Old 04-29-2007, 12:53 PM
jettblack06
1st Gear Member

i was wanting the cheapest setup possible which i think was like 3200 but i dont want to drill into the oil pan like protech has you do but i cant find the procharger for anything cheaper than like 4300 for it. it would be cool to get the roots style supercharger from explorerexpress.com too but its like 4400 as well. its even crossed my mind going to some junkyards and get the drivetrain, ecm, and wiring harness out of a new gt and just swap everything over for the price it would be damn near the same for parts and since i work at a ford dealer i can do the work myself.....the conflict continues....
Old 04-29-2007, 04:47 PM
AceVeres

Hey guys, new member here in the greater houston area. i've been reading the forums for a few months now while stationed in Hawaii. Now that I'm back in Texas I think its time to start modding my 06 v6. One of my plans is to s/c it, but I was wondering if anyone knows about the combatibility of the CDC Shaker kit with a s/c. Will it work out with any you guys know of? Thnx--

oh, I just washed, clay bared, and waxed it yesterday in preps of throwing a few pics up here.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:19 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jettblack06

i was wanting the cheapest setup possible which i think was like 3200 but i dont want to drill into the oil pan like protech has you do but i cant find the procharger for anything cheaper than like 4300 for it. it would be cool to get the roots style supercharger from explorerexpress.com too but its like 4400 as well. its even crossed my mind going to some junkyards and get the drivetrain, ecm, and wiring harness out of a new gt and just swap everything over for the price it would be damn near the same for parts and since i work at a ford dealer i can do the work myself.....the conflict continues....
that's because the procharger is intercooled either way. the vortech you can get non-intercooled...the procharger makes more power. It will take alot more cash than you think to swap to a gt drivetrain. You'd need the engine, the tranny, the ecu, all the wiring, the mounts, the exhaust, some suspension work to compensate for the weight, and all the work involved which is alot more than putting a blower on. that'd cost quite a bit more than a blower.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Yes you can adapt the shaker to work with an S/C Ive seen the Gt guys do it pretty sure you can do it with a 6er as well as a matter of fact I just remembered droptopp 6 has done it with his stang so yes you can defintely do it.

ORIGINAL: AceVeres

Hey guys, new member here in the greater houston area. i've been reading the forums for a few months now while stationed in Hawaii. Now that I'm back in Texas I think its time to start modding my 06 v6. One of my plans is to s/c it, but I was wondering if anyone knows about the combatibility of the CDC Shaker kit with a s/c. Will it work out with any you guys know of? Thnx--

oh, I just washed, clay bared, and waxed it yesterday in preps of throwing a few pics up here.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:31 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Yes you can adapt the shaker to work with an S/C Ive seen the Gt guys do it pretty sure you can do it with a 6er as well as a matter of fact I just remembered droptopp 6 has done it with his stang so yes you can defintely do it.

ORIGINAL: AceVeres

Droptop6 adapted his vortech 4.0 to a shaker hood.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:19 PM
jettblack06
1st Gear Member

theres a used 06 gt engine, trans, ecu and i believe wiring harness included on ebay for 1999.00 right now, then just having to worry about the mounts and getting the downpipes to work on the exhaust. im already running dual so that parts done but it would be far from over. the sohc engine has evolved a long way from the issues its had years ago but something about putting a supercharger on one still scares the hell out of me...

Search this Thread