Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Interest in Turbonetics kit for the V6 Stang!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:52 PM
MIAPLAYA

Default Interest in Turbonetics kit for the V6 Stang!!

All,
I spoke with Turbonetics today and they would like to gauge interest in the development of a Turbonetics Turbo System for the V6 Mustangs. 2005 and up that is. Please cast your vote if you are interested.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:05 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Interest in Turbonetics kit for the V6 Stang!!

if it is as reasonably priced as most of their kits are, hell ya i'd be interested. Im sure many others would be too. As of now there is only powerhouse playing the turbo roll. We need a competitor in there!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:23 PM
MIAPLAYA

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

if it is as reasonably priced as most of their kits are, hell ya i'd be interested. Im sure many others would be too. As of now there is only powerhouse playing the turbo roll. We need a competitor in there!
I'm with you man. I got to drive their V8 Mustang with the turbo kit and it was insane.... I would love to givemy Mustang a little boost...
Old 05-07-2007, 11:45 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

[sarcasm] whats a turbo? [/sarcasm]

wheres the 5th option for already have one? lol jk
Old 05-08-2007, 12:49 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

If they could price it around 4600 complete i would be totally sold right now with the wallet open.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

If they could price it around 4600 complete i would be totally sold right now with the wallet open.
Are you talking 4600 for just the kit or including installation?
If you are talking just the kit then why would you have you wallet open for this already when for $600 more you could have the PH kit that has already had extensive R&D, already proven on the track for a couple years now, already has customers laying down track times and pushing the envelope of how well this kit performs?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckman

Are you talking 4600 for just the kit or including installation?
If you are talking just the kit then why would you have you wallet open for this already when for $600 more you could have the PH kit that has already had extensive R&D, already proven on the track for a couple years now, already has customers laying down track times and pushing the envelope of how well this kit performs?
Because 600 bucks is quite a bit of money. Turbonetics is a very reputable company and they will take care of their customers. Obviously the powerhouse kit performs very well, that is for sure, but any properly setup turbo system on these cars is gonna vastly outperform the supercharger setups, and truthfully even if i go powerhouse i am going to be running 8ish psi for a year anyway to save my tranny until i can replace/build it. I just want a good 300whp now with the potential of the turbo at a later time when i can build the tranny and possibly the motor. It isn't like i don't know anything about turbo's my man. Obviously i'm not going to buy the turbonetics setup if it is crap, but from my previous experience with some cars with their setups, they do quite a good job.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

If they could top powerhouse with their design.....which I don't really see happening...then yea i would get this kit for sure when i got the money...i wanna make my 6 as fast as my cobra
Old 05-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

It isn't like i don't know anything about turbo's my man. Obviously i'm not going to buy the turbonetics setup if it is crap, but from my previous experience with some cars with their setups, they do quite a good job.
Don't get your panties in a wad, I was just wondering why you would be choosing this kit. I am not questioning your tech knowledge as I have read other posts from you. Just curious as to if this price included installation or if the difference of $600 bucks was the determining factor. I hope they do decide to come out with this kit as competition breeds a better quality product, but for myself even if this kit did come out and I didn't own a turbo I would go with the PH for the track record of proven performance over a small financial difference.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckman

It isn't like i don't know anything about turbo's my man. Obviously i'm not going to buy the turbonetics setup if it is crap, but from my previous experience with some cars with their setups, they do quite a good job.
Don't get your panties in a wad, I was just wondering why you would be choosing this kit. I am not questioning your tech knowledge as I have read other posts from you. Just curious as to if this price included installation or if the difference of $600 bucks was the determining factor. I hope they do decide to come out with this kit as competition breeds a better quality product, but for myself even if this kit did come out and I didn't own a turbo I would go with the PH for the track record of proven performance over a small financial difference.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quick Reply: Interest in Turbonetics kit for the V6 Stang!!