Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

H or X?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 12:20 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: H or X?

I have an x-pipe fromFord for aGT, along with a GT mid-pipe, hangers, and take-off mufflers. Sounds great! But I am not convinced that there is ANY performance benefit from me adding duals to my car. In fact, the lack of back-pressure MAY cause me to lose power in the 1/4 mile (my speed is down by 2-3mph since the duals). Anyone know if a custom tune would off-set the lack of back-pressure? If not, I may swap exhaust systems with Mrs28HopUp when she's not looking!
Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 PM
TAoW1939
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kuli

ORIGINAL: TAoW1939

Thanks for the responses very informative! I think I will definantly be going with JBA's H pipe unless there is a cheaper H system out there, does anyone know of a sound clip or video of a 4.0 with an H and SLPs?
It looks like SLP only makes their loudmouths for the GT.
I have seen a video on youtube of a v6 with loudmouths, it used the reverse Y type dual exhuast, but it still sounded fantastic, I can't help but wonder what it would sound like with a descent H pipe.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:03 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

I am still going to go forced induction on my 6....but every time i see this video i think to myself hey....with the money i have now- 400ish chp with mods on the 6 or trade in for a stock gt and scrape some extra together to get this setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEeB...ed&search=

sometimes i think i would be happy with just that because...oh my god it sounds so good...but then i realize i would end up just dumping even more money into the gt. But good lord.