Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

we NEEEEED a twin screw.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 12:19 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default we NEEEEED a twin screw.

Ok i'm completely sick of this, we need a twin screw for this damn 4.0. I want the x-charger RIGHT NOW, but without an intercooler setup, i just can not bring myself to buy it. If an intercooled twin-screw kit were to come out right now, i would buy it. simple as that. I think a ton of you agree with me that a twin-screw would just be godly. I'm getting really pissed off because some company is making a twin-screw swap kit for the cobalt ss supercharged right now. How sad is it that we can't get anyone to make a twin-screw kit for us, but someone is doing it for a damn 4 cylinder. Not that it isn't awesome, but wtf twin-screw on a 4 cylinder? Does anyone have ANY connections or anything? I emailed kenne bell, whipple, etc. and haven't even gotten responses. AHHHH! im so sick of this. sometimes i just find myself sitting there with my dad's credit card (don't worry he isn't paying for it the cash is in my room) staring at the powerhouse kit/procharger kit, but both have little things i dislike. I WANT A TWIN SCREW DAMNIT!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:47 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: we NEEEEED a twin screw.

I hear you but I think hammering companies on the MF's will only cause more waiting....lol
Lidio says the same thing about not having a twin screw but we might get one hopefullly but I can't imagin the cost of the thing....hell the X is about 30 HP lower than them all and its the most expensive...
Old 05-16-2007, 12:56 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

and what do u think ur going to accomplish with this setup that its worth paying so much for?

ud be lookin at 5500+ for an intercooled twin screw kit. things would have to be made so differently since the v6 is shorter than a v8, or even an inline 4.

and ur still gonna be eating horsepower running the blower. ur never going to be able to run enough boost to really use whata twin screw is meant for.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:14 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

and what do u think ur going to accomplish with this setup that its worth paying so much for?

ud be lookin at 5500+ for an intercooled twin screw kit. things would have to be made so differently since the v6 is shorter than a v8, or even an inline 4.

and ur still gonna be eating horsepower running the blower. ur never going to be able to run enough boost to really use whata twin screw is meant for.
well kenne bell has already made kits for v6's before, it isn't like this would be the first one. And I would pay for one because of the simplicity of the design like the roots, but with more efficiency, and more potential, simpler install than the turbo etc. 5500 for an intercooled ts is less than it would cost to set up an intercooler for the x.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:22 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

u could have an intercooler fabbed up for less than a grand.

yes it will be more efficient. but ur talkin about maybe... 10-15hp at 7-9psi. that worth the extreme extra cost?

this is how kb, whipple, etc look at it. its not worth it. they could spend 30k in R&D to sell 3 kits. thats a huge loss on their part
Old 05-16-2007, 01:37 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

oh and what v6 did kenne bell make a supercharger for?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:41 AM
neginfluence04
1st Gear Member

http://stage3motorsports.com/product/VT4FU218-620SQContacted the guy who owns stage3motorsports and he said he would sell it for roughly 4,200.00 shipped do you think thats a good price or should i keep shopping around
Old 05-16-2007, 02:46 AM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

fazm, got enough criticism?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:27 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

not criticism, just a reality check.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:02 AM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

i understand his point a roots type alternative would be nice other than the x charger but its just not there so you can either go with the x or just get a centrifical.

and i agree with fazm it is not worht it for these companys to eb doing this. so you can either do some reasearch and probly gop through a few blocks making one of your own or just compromise. every car has its draw backs. you kno why they are making one for the cobalt? bcause ti is already boosted so theresnot alot of risks like adding boost to a n/a engine they dnt have to worry about all the internals. and do dis 4 cylinders. i have seen 4 cylinders dominate its all about the engineering.

Quick Reply: we NEEEEED a twin screw.