Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MRT exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 04:01 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MRT exhaust

ok, so i bought the MRT aeroturbine...probably get it sometime next week and installation some time then.
i'll post some before and after clips. i can't wait!

after i pay off my credit card a bit, i'll get the C&L CAI and tune from brenspeed!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:25 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

install it yourself dude for sure...takes 15 minutes. 40 if you have no idea what you are doing.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:31 PM
TAoW1939
1st Gear Member

Took me about 30 minutes (had trouble breaking the old one loose). Then I had to redo it twice to get proper clearance.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:33 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, It took me a while for mine because I had all of my tools scattered between 4 Garages and was hunted the right socket and then I wanted to see how it sounded with no muffler. I finally then put it back on. If I had everything with me together then it probably would have only took 15-20 minutes. I did it completely from the group without a jack or anything.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:55 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

guys, the only problem i have is that i don't have anything other than a basic tool set.if i were to prop the car up, i'd have to use the jack stand.

do you think it would be something i can easily do still?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:00 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sdsguy

guys, the only problem i have is that i don't have anything other than a basic tool set.if i were to prop the car up, i'd have to use the jack stand.

If your a normal size person you can just lay under the back of the car....no lift needed. All you need a a ratchet and some muscle.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:11 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I forget the exact socket sizes or I'd tell you so that you knew what sizes to have prepped. As I mentioned I did mine from the floor. There was even room for me to get a crawler underneath as well, but I decided not to use it. The best thing to do is see if you can get under it now like it is, if you can then you will have no problem getting it removed and the Aero-Turbine on, plus you will be able to scope out the hangers. Also keep in mind that the MRT uses 2 hangers instead of all 4 (It is a lot lighter). A good idea if you are limited on tools is see if you have the correct socket or you can even use a wrench, it will be a lot tougher though than a ratchet and socket.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:16 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

If your a normal size person you can just lay under the back of the car....no lift needed. All you need a a ratchet and some muscle.
i'm a pretty big guy so i'll see if i can fit under the car and scope things out first.

will it come with a manual to tell me everything i need and the correct size socket?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:27 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

You will only need 2 different size sockets. I don't think mine came with a manual though.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:19 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Hey sdguy
I will be glad to help you install it I did mine (before I took it off). I have a floor jack, stands and tools. We can get it on in about 20 minutes.

Quick Reply: MRT exhaust