Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sadly, i will likely be selling the 6.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:10 AM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Sadly, i will likely be selling the 6.

4 days after the 2 footer with no snow tires. You'll be fine.

[IMG]local://upfiles/57375/7E064C3B70894FAEAD57B25E376F7E68.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-18-2007, 01:15 AM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

colorado looks so beautiful. i'd seen so many different pictures. that's one place i'd definately love to live.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:19 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

CLAY...WTF! You were born and raised in MICHIGAN right? There is snow here in Michigan and if you think that Colorados weather is any different you are mistaken. As much as you reseach stuff and think things out you might be missing this one.
Anyway dude do what you want but you know how the economy is here (mich) and if you are going for an EVO you'll have to live with driving a forgien car thought for a while....good luck.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:50 AM
57Heavy
1st Gear Member

A couple of years back I had an '02 GT here in Mass. Can be a real bear to drive in the snow, but traction control helped quite a bit. Sadly I may be getting rid of my Pony too, need the money to finish the work on my house.. Life goes on.
57 Heavy
Old 05-18-2007, 01:57 AM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

T-LOK and SAND BAGS...no evos allowed...
Old 05-18-2007, 02:35 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

I dont know why you guys have obsessions with fwd....its not good for traction ne different than rwd
evo = all wheel drive. Plus fwd is USUALLY better in snow/rain. Due to weight transfer, you have will have more weight over the rear axle when you launch or accelerate hard, but under cruising conditions, more weight is over the front wheels and when it comes to snow that is desired. Fwd is really no that much better than rwd though. AWD is where it is at, and our car isn't exactly the ideal rwd car either.
well unfortunatelyhere in southern Cali, EVO = EGO. there's so many idiots(EVO & WRX owners)here that think they are professional race car drivers, it's not funny. if it gets any colder than Los Angeles, i wouldn't go.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:52 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

I dont know why you guys have obsessions with fwd....its not good for traction ne different than rwd
Have you ever driven a FWD? It's about a thousand times better than a RWD for traction on snow or ice (or rain, I suppose.)

It doesn't "feel" as good as a RWD (driving just seems better -- and is definitely more fun -- with the car pushing as opposed to pulling you), but in terms of traction, there's no contest between RWD and FWD.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:45 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

well man, good luck with the evo. those things are beasts, and i am sure you will have fun with one. and dont let all these guys get to you, if they wanna dive in the snow with their stangs, let them. if you dont feel comfortable doing it, then do whatever you need to do, just be safe lol!!

btw, i was pretty close to selling my car and buying one of those at a few points. i really like them, but i didnt want my parents to flip out lol
Old 05-18-2007, 06:38 AM
Glacial
1st Gear Member

Drove mine through a foot of unplowed, in a hilly town, on the stock T/As and an open diff. No drama.

Next year: Now that I've got the LSD, it'll either beBlizzaks on the 16" rims, or a beater 4wd truck, whatever's cheaper.

I think the beater, lol.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:06 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

This may work to your advantage! I've driven Mustangs in Minne-snow-ta for a very long time with no problem. Understood, CO and the Rocky Mountains get a lot more snow, but it's still do-able.

First of all, like was said, if one storm drops 2 feet of snow and nobody is able to get anywhere, then you won't, either in anything less than a 4x4 with mud and snows and a lift kit.

But, get a LSD, which you can justify really easy. The other thing is a good set of Winter tires.

I had a 94 GT with Posi. When I bought it, I found a Mustang salvage yard in Georgia that had a set of aluminum rims off a SN95 V6. I put mud and snow tires on those wheels, and every fall I'd switch from my Eagle ZR's to those. It worked great - never got stuck with that car.

This is an opportunity to add mods in the name of safety - and who can argue with that???? Keep the Stang - you won't have a problem.

[sm=trust_me.gif]

Quick Reply: Sadly, i will likely be selling the 6.