Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stripes and Exhaust

Old 05-20-2007, 10:55 PM
pal108

Default Stripes and Exhaust

Hey guys, I've had my '05 RedfireV6 since July '06.I'm still in high school so I don't have much money during the school year but now that its summerI have some money and its going into my car.

I'm getting my windows tinted next week, 35% on the front and an eyebrow and 15% on theback, really would like it darker but its not worth a ticket or being without warranty on the tint.

The next thing I would like to do is either le mans racingstripes or an MRT aero turbine. I'll get both eventually, just want yall's opinion on which to do first.

I'm sure I could put the exhaust on myself, the stripes, however, I'm not so confident. I've been looking at the Mustang's Unlimited catalog and thereare three different stripe kits, 2 pre-trimmed and then one not pre-trimmed. Which would be better?I would like some information on putting the stripes on and how hard it would be to do it myself and the screw-up factor (how bad I could possibly f*** my car up).

Also, is there any place to get an MRT aero turbine cheaper than the MRT direct site? I haven't really looked that hard butI figuredyou guys could tell me.

In the distant furture I would like to get a tuner, prolly won't happen this summer though.
Thank you for your time and info. I'll geta pic on here soon.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:15 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Stripes and Exhaust

Welcome! First, windowswith tint on our cars do scratch... so I would invest on a felt or moleskin. There is a TSB on this.
https://mustangforums.com/m_1592410/tm.htm

As far as the stripes.. not sure how hard to do. My redfire came with a metallic silverinstalled by the dealership.

For MRT, you may check ebay or check our for sale section.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:38 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

There are often times you can find the MRT Aeroturbine in the classified section for around $150 as opposed to $225. I purchased mine directly through MRT, but there are always people selling them as they don't realize how loud they are until to actually install them. Install will only take about 20 minutes for the Exhaust. The striped I would have professionally done. Any detailing shop should be able to do them or even the place you are having your tint done. Welcome to the community. Just a heads up that sometimes people that have other cars will try to make fun of you for having a V6 (Most don't realize how well it performs or that some young people can't afford a GT)...Just ignore them. For the most part everyone is willing to help. With all of the 4.0 owners we can probably come up with a solution to anything. A lot of us even keep work logs to help others, such as Rygen, Scrming, and myself, as well as others. Just check our signatures.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:24 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

i've got my windows tinted, i havent been able to take pics but its the same set up you're looking to do.

i just bought my MRT but my car came with the stripes...if you're planning on getting both, i'd suggest the MRT...you'll be be happier with it first then go with the stripes....mines 2 10" stripes...they look pretty good
Old 05-21-2007, 01:32 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Did you have them install a felt or moleskin when you got your windows tinted?

BTW, I'm digging your color combo

ORIGINAL: sdsguy

i've got my windows tinted, i havent been able to take pics but its the same set up you're looking to do.

i just bought my MRT but my car came with the stripes...if you're planning on getting both, i'd suggest the MRT...you'll be be happier with it first then go with the stripes....mines 2 10" stripes...they look pretty good
Old 05-21-2007, 03:18 PM
pal108

After reading what you guys have said about scratching and the other posts you linked to, I will definately be installing moleskin before I take her in to get tint. I haven't talked to the tint place about letting them do it. I would guess they will be more expensive than just doing it myself. I'm also going to go by the exhaust place here and see if he can get me an MRT for less than the direct price.

Just how loud is the aero turbine? I want my car to have some ***** but I dont want it to be deafening, especially at highway speeds as I drive 20 minutes to school everyday.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:34 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

nope. no moleskin or felt added. been about a month and its fine. one scratch on each side but its so far off to the side it doesnt bother me.
the guy is giving me a 1 year warranty on scratches.

btw, thanks man...i love that pony package look on your car!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

if you go on youtube you can hear it. some guys find it too loud, but i thought it was just loud enough. none of the other exhaust have the same volume.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:57 PM
pal108

I watched some vids on youtube with the MRT. I'm hooked. I plan to get one ASAP. I don't care how loud it is, it sounds so bad ***.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:02 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Good lukc you'll enjoy the MRT and try Balt Street mods for the stripes great quality material and have a local guy do the install.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stripes and Exhaust