Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Rear Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:07 PM
tilt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Rear Bumper

What color is your cut bumper? I am looking for a Legend Lime V6 bumber, either cut or uncut for duals. Long story short my V6 rear was damaged and I dont want a GT takeoff.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
dodgerfrog

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

How bad does it look with the empty opening on the driver's side? I've seen new Chargers that have openings on boths sides, but only one muffler. Since your car is a dark color, is it THAT noticable that the bumper is notched?
I know it's there, and that's what bugs me. Also, I've also seen how comments are made towards people with holes for two, but only one muffler. I don't want to be THAT guy with the one mufflerwith spaces for two. But the car is dark blue, which does make it slightly less noticeable. I'll post a pic soon.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:09 PM
dodgerfrog

Here's a pic. Sorry for the crappy quality. All I had at the moment was the cameraphone.

[IMG]local://upfiles/68684/5DBD5651C45F4DB183816E84C76D02FB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

I installed dual magnaflows about 6 months ago and have had nothing but problems, especially rattling. First a weld broke on the passenger side muffler. Then the driver side wouldn't align correctly. Now it looks fine and all the welds are fine, but it constantly rattles! It seems like the only duals our car was made for is the GT takeoffs. Or maybe magnaflow just sucks. or maybe the THREE muffler shops I've taken it to all suck. Either way, there should be plenty of bumpers available on here in classifieds, just post that you need one.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Had the same problem all you guys are going through, but the problem is dont get a custom fabbed setup, get a full already done kit/system. Like the JBA kits or Magnaflow, thats the problem the custom fabbed setups seem to be a failure the kits that come with everything have already been through development stages and have been tested.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:52 PM
dodgerfrog

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Had the same problem all you guys are going through, but the problem is dont get a custom fabbed setup, get a full already done kit/system. Like the JBA kits or Magnaflow, thats the problem the custom fabbed setups seem to be a failure the kits that come with everything have already been through development stages and have been tested.
The bad part was that mine was a JBA system. It was dealer installed, and they and four other muffler shops couldn't pinpoint the problem.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:03 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sevalley

I installed dual magnaflows about 6 months ago and have had nothing but problems, especially rattling. First a weld broke on the passenger side muffler. Then the driver side wouldn't align correctly. Now it looks fine and all the welds are fine, but it constantly rattles! It seems like the only duals our car was made for is the GT takeoffs. Or maybe magnaflow just sucks. or maybe the THREE muffler shops I've taken it to all suck. Either way, there should be plenty of bumpers available on here in classifieds, just post that you need one.
As soon as my parts come in (Pypes True Dual System with GT takeoffs) I'll let you know how it turns out. I am comforted to know that the shop I am taking it to was recommended by my Ford dealership.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Which is weird , dont know why? You should have contacted JBA about the situation maybe you had a bad bent pipe or something to that effect.

ORIGINAL: dodgerfrog

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

The bad part was that mine was a JBA system. It was dealer installed, and they and four other muffler shops couldn't pinpoint the problem.