Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

Default exhaust questions

i've got a 2006 v6 auto mustang and i wanted to put on duals. i was thinking about getting the jba h pipe and mid pipes for $349 and then putting on axle backs from either borla, mrt, or bassani. ( any feed back on which one you think is best would be great )
also i was woundering if i needed a tune if i redo the exhaust
Old 05-24-2007, 04:33 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: exhaust questions

No Tune is required and which one you choose all depends on how loud you want it.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

which one out of them would be the loudest?
Old 05-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

The JBA Setup is a good setup, the loudest would probably be the MRT's had that setup to much drone, But I have the JBA H-pipe and mufflers for sale look here: https://mustangforums.com/m_3237757/...tm.htm#3237757might be able to work something out with ya, let me know.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:43 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I have the MRT right now. It would definitely be the loudest then probally the Bassani and then the Borla. They will all sound good but you might want to consider the drone from the MRT's as a factor. It gets real noticable after 2500 RPM.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:52 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdlesk

Yeah, I have the MRT right now. It would definitely be the loudest then probally the Bassani and then the Borla. They will all sound good but you might want to consider the drone from the MRT's as a factor. It gets real noticable after 2500 RPM.
That's funny. After 2500RPM the Pypes Street Pros quiet out (CRUISING ONLY)... they are loudest from 1500-2500RPM... and I mean LOUD... Check out my videos.

INTERIOR noise levels are almost 90dB at 2200-2500RPM. Exterior have to be well over 100dB (That is a factor of 10). 4000RPM rev in neutral is 97dB.

My wife can tell I'm speeding when my pipes get quiet!!

LOL

SOHC
Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yeah and the funny thing is that one of my mufflers cost the amount of your entire system lol. I am going to be redoing my exhaust sometime in the near future anyway. I used to like loud and always though an exhaust could never be too loud but the drone can really get to you.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:06 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

That's why I didn't go with Magnaflows or Flowmasters.

Why spend that much to get a very similar sound?

You can minimize drone by alternating your pedal, not driving at a constant speed.

Remember constant speed = no coasting.

Cruise control will keep the hammer down, even downhill... just a little less so... AND it will actually apply engine braking to slow you back down to your "preset" speed, wasting valuable momentum!

On our big hills up here, I can start at the top of the hill at 70 and be doing well over 90 without touching the gas (just a bit before the 7 second delay in the computer engaging engine braking).

Just by my house I can pull out the street accelerate to 30 and coast to 65 at the bottom of the hill.

I can even coast (in neutral) all the way into the next town from 30 MPH at the top of our hill.

I let the neighbor's sleep at 5am... AND get great gas mileage!

SOHC
Old 05-24-2007, 05:18 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I just can't go to any towns with sound ordinances.

Jsierzega, we are just giving you a heads up on what to expect with the exhaust and to make sure you don't waste your money on something you don't want.

Sohc just seems to think he has the better parts, but he doesn't lol J/K.

At the time I just wanted loud, but after having it on for over a year I want something that sounds better, not loud but good. That's the reason why the CS6 Exhaust (Expensive JBA with an H) is going to be my next exhaust.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:43 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Ya, we don't want to wasting your $$ on CS6 parts!

LOL

Gotta join the Pypes Club For Men....

Jsierzega, we are just giving you a heads up on what to expect, and to make sure you don't waste your money on somethingWE don't want.

hahahaaha!

You'll get lots of opinions from lots of people, do your research, ask around, listen to sound clips, visit cars shows, then don't do what mdlesk does!

Na, he's a good Joe!! I'm just kiddin' with him!

His ride is gonna look better than mine soon!

SOHC

Quick Reply: exhaust questions