Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

young mustang owners

Old 05-25-2007, 02:34 AM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: young mustang owners

i was 17 when i got my car, just turned 20 yesterday. ended up totalling my first car and got a 8 thousand dollar insurance check, put that and some of my savings down on my car the month they came out. as for the modding i can only work during the summer with college and everything else i got goin on so i end up putting about half towards mods andthe other half towards beer money
Old 05-25-2007, 02:40 AM
grey06gt
1st Gear Member

im 18 and i have had mine for a year but i just started moddin it.. i just grew out of the party stage
You're goin to****in hate college...sorry to break that one to you.

save for a long time before hand or your screwed, no one under 21 has a job with a reasonable amount of hours that pays for this unless you work for your parents or something. ice cream shop and you pay for it, yeah right do you own the shop or something you cant pay for a mustang scooping ice cream. my parents gave me 3500 and the rest is savings, my old trade in i got from doing illegal things and i can barely afford mods right now working full time with decent pay.
As for you. You are just ****in retarted. I've been workin road construction makin plenty of money since I was 15. I would really love to take on your 06 (I'm assuming v6 due to the forum)with "922 rwhp"...what a ****in joke.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:46 AM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grey06gt

save for a long time before hand or your screwed, no one under 21 has a job with a reasonable amount of hours that pays for this unless you work for your parents or something. ice cream shop and you pay for it, yeah right do you own the shop or something you cant pay for a mustang scooping ice cream. my parents gave me 3500 and the rest is savings, my old trade in i got from doing illegal things and i can barely afford mods right now working full time with decent pay.
As for you. You are just ****in retarted. I've been workin road construction makin plenty of money since I was 15.
haha i was thinking the same thing...i had my car payment and insurance covered with beer money to spare busing tables part time through-out high school lol
Old 05-25-2007, 02:51 AM
grey06gt
1st Gear Member

No joke haha. I couldnt even imagine the stuff I could do to my car if I was ****in stupid enough to sell drugs on top of working!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:54 AM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grey06gt

No joke haha. I couldnt even imagine the stuff I could do to my car if I was ****in stupid enough to sell drugs on top of working!
id be in the middle of switchin out the stock blower on my gt500 to a whipple lol
Old 05-25-2007, 03:16 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I am 19 and i got my mustang when i was 18 just a few months ago. But i am in college and my mustang was kind of a graduation gift for getting scholarship and all that jazz. I detail cars for old rich people and thats where i come up with the money for extra mods and such
Old 05-25-2007, 04:40 AM
lacrosseb520
2nd Gear Member

im gettin my 07 next week and i have 3 jobs, paying for the car in full 18,000. just save up, if u feel hungry just tell urself ur not hungry and put those 5 dollars in the jar that say "MUSTANG SAVINGS". u feel the need to go out, well dont. every little bit of money helps in the end. haha , oh btw im 19..
Old 05-25-2007, 09:16 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

ok ur deff wrong...i started working when i was 15 making 10 an hour..then once i turned 17th i started making 20 dollars or more and hour...
Old 05-25-2007, 10:03 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sdsguy

i'm 20, had the car when i was 18. my parents pay insurance, but everything else is on me. nearly 500 bucks a month goes to my car, in gas and car payments. there was a point where i couldn't go out with ym friends because i had just enough gas to get to and from work and then to a gas station the next day (pay day).

i recently got promoted and i wasn't even thinking about doing anything to my car till i got my pay raise. 10 some an hour, 5 days a week. no rent, no car insurance. just payments, gas, oil changes, and when i buy food.

but i'm kinda stuck in money right now since i'm trying to pay off my credit card so i can have enough of a credit line to buy a CAI and tune!
What you are doing sounds like you are going in the right direction. I can tell you by having credit and being responsible for paying off the debt on time will only help you in the future.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:31 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Hey guys, I am impressed that so many of you young guys sacrifice alot to have your Mustangs but when I bought my first car it was a 10 year old firebird with 100.000+ miles on it I took a small loan on the 950.00 it cost and had it paid for asap. I then worked on having cars with NO payments that meant having somewhat older but always nicer cars than the one Ihad before.
The problem with how you guys are going about it is that many of you are living with Mom and Dad that will end one day and then what?You'll HAVe to sell your Mustang and get a used car to afford rent and all other living costs.
Hey please know I am not judging you just trying to give a little advise. If you have all this covered COOL!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: young mustang owners