Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

jba or pypes

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:13 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: jba or pypes

ORIGINAL: OIIIIO

Been thinking about going thru that Pypes route... BUT which mufflers would you guys recommend: Street Pros or the Violators? What's the difference between the two .. as far as loudness or tone?
I would say the tone would be similar, just the volume might change.

Haven't heard the Violators in person, but I just did the LMMCC Spring Cruise and my little V6 held it's own up against a slew of V8's. Only a few built 5.0 and 4.6s were louder. (We are also capped at 4000 RPM in neutral).

My Videos: http://www.putfile.com/sohcman/media

For everyday driving, these are WAY loud enough!

SOHC
Old 05-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

My Pypes kit had manufacturing defects, including a driver's side midpipe that was too short and didn't have anything approaching the right bends on the over-axle part.

RPM Outlet was zero help, and when I finally got someone to pick up the phone at Pypes, their response to selling me a kit that hada midpipe that was too short and mis-bent was to say "tough luck, our policy states we're not required to help you, so we're not going to..."

I know their kits are attractive price-wise, but sometimes you get what you pay for in quality and post sales support. My advice would be to avoid these issues and spend the extra $100 to get yourselfanotherkit or custom install.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

yeh...try rpm outlet...its like 100 bux cheaper from them compared to anyplace else. My brother had no problem when he got his exhaust....others have a ton...its really a hit or miss, but for the prices they have its worth it to deal with the ag.
[sm=boosign.gif][sm=nothatway.gif][sm=violent053.gif][sm=vader1.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif]

80%+ of the people on this forum have had horrible experiences with them. Myself included.

Check out Blue Oval industries for Pypes. I bought my system from them and they were great. A little more expensive but you actually get great customer service!

Although I'm happy with my Pypes system now, originally there were some concerns..1) they sent me two driver side muffler hangers. Pypes overnighted me a passenger side one when I called them. 2) It was not a direct bolt-on fit out of the box.. There are some tubes that connect the X-pipe to the mufflers. Pypes calls them 'Flow tubes' I had to cut about 3 inches off of each one in order to get the exhaust to fit length wise (thank god for an air cut-off wheel). Without cutting them the exhaust hangers and tip hangerswould have been too far out to attach.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:31 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I went with Pypes True Dual System w/Street Legal x-pipes. Got them from V6 Mustang Stuff......just waiting for them to come in.

As far as other options, some have used Ninosport.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Go with the JBA H-pipe kit its awesome you could get either the aluminized or stainless steel , and nonstopred you keep saying that the aluminized JBA's rust alot and im just wondering have you experienced this for yourself? Because everyone I know with the JBA's have had zero problems especially with rust. But just to be on the safe side you could go with the stainless steel kit, but if you do go with the aluminized dont be freightened about it rusting I dont think that would come in toplay for a couple of years.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:15 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

I got mine from blueoval...paid 429 shipped.

...I dont understand that you said you recieved 2 driver's side hangers.....there is no difference, all four hangers are the same.
As far as quality, mine went together well, but the instructions sucked. I did have a problem, they had a batch of xpipes where the hangers were wrong, so we makeshift installed them and I'm waiting for a weekend to have meineke fix them. Otherwise, It seemed to be very high quality, and the stainless really is a plus..

another reason you should get the pypes over the jbas.....
THE TIPS ARE HAAYYUUUUUUGGGGE!!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

To me, the clips online of the Pypes don't make Mustangs sound like the classic muscle car....it sounds raspy and at higher rpms sound ricey kind of...plus to me it doesnt sound like there is a deep rumble at idle like other mufflers w/ an H can provide.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:27 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

I went with Pypes True Dual System w/Street Legal x-pipes. Got them from V6 Mustang Stuff......just waiting for them to come in.

As far as other options, some have used Ninosport.
hey how much did u pay for it???
Old 05-29-2007, 11:28 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

I got mine from blueoval...paid 429 shipped.

...I dont understand that you said you recieved 2 driver's side hangers.....there is no difference, all four hangers are the same.
As far as quality, mine went together well, but the instructions sucked. I did have a problem, they had a batch of xpipes where the hangers were wrong, so we makeshift installed them and I'm waiting for a weekend to have meineke fix them. Otherwise, It seemed to be very high quality, and the stainless really is a plus..

another reason you should get the pypes over the jbas.....
THE TIPS ARE HAAYYUUUUUUGGGGE!!
hey i want that rear bumper lol, where did u get it??? too bad mine didnt get damage when a jerk re-ended me lol not even a deep scratch lol
Old 05-29-2007, 11:35 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ok went to RPM's website
[ul]Featuring:[*]JBA Shorty Emissions Legal Headers [/ul] [ul]Featuring:[*]PYPES Stainless Emissions Legal X-pipe[*]PYPES Stainless True-Dual Cat-back Kit

Dyno Tested Gain Up To
35+ RWHP and 31+lb-ft Torque
[/ul]
is that actually possible? that much of a gain from pipes?

Quick Reply: jba or pypes