Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

exhaust possibilites??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 04:10 AM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

Default exhaust possibilites??

anyone have any sound clips of the borla axle back? or the bassani? i am thinking of changing my exhaust idk how i feel about the mrt so i am looking for other options and i do not want gt takeoffs. so anyone have any other suggestions on best sounding and best performance or any sound clips or places i can find them.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:53 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Default RE: exhaust possibilites??

Single or double?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

preferably single for now.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:31 PM
XtremeRage
1st Gear Member

I just put in an order for the single Borla axel back on Sunday from Ninosport, when I get it on i'll put up a high quality sound clip for ya.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:48 AM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

thanx sounds good. i have always liked borla and bassani but have not heard them on a v6 so i am mostly interested in those two.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:21 PM
XtremeRage
1st Gear Member

Well the Borla axel back is coming tomorrow, so ill probly have a clip up later tomorrow night. I chose the Borla based on the few low quality clips I could find and thought I would give it a try based on Borla's rep, and from the sound clips the Borlas sounded smooth throughout the rpm spectrum. I mean my neighbor has an '06 4.0 with a single Flowmaster AT, K&N CAI, and the 93 Brenspeed tune and the Flows sound excelent at idle but IMO at higher rpms the Flows tend to have a little tin can sound which after driving around with my neighbor for over 6 months the noise is just getting old to me. Hopefully the Borla will turnout well, like I said i'll give you an update sometime tomorrow hopefully.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:50 PM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

thanx man yea i ahve never been a fan of the flowmaster sound. well i hope it sounds good. good luck.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:24 AM
XtremeRage
1st Gear Member

Here ya go man, I think it sounds great, very deep tones throughout the spectrum, no tinking or clanking or tin can sounds like my neighbors Flowmaster AT, very smooth and deep.....exactly what I wanted. I'll take some more videos later on as it breaks in. I took this video around only after it was running for about 15 mins. After the 50mi. I drove it today it already sounds better IMO.

http://files.filefront.com/07%5C_Mus.../fileinfo.html
Old 06-01-2007, 04:37 AM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

wow sounds great i like it i still wanna hear the bassani before i decide. but the borla def sounds nice.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:41 AM
XtremeRage
1st Gear Member

Yea thanks man, yea I love it, but like everyone says, it's all sound preference, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Anyways good luck with your search I havn't found many bassani sound clips but if you do find one, if you wouldn't mind post it in this thread. I am interested to hear what the bassani sounds like.

Quick Reply: exhaust possibilites??