Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which TUNE is BETTER?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 01:55 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Which TUNE is BETTER?

i know exactly how you feel! as soon as i got my capital one with no interest till oct, i bought my exhaust. as soon as i have some more money on my credit line, i'll buy the C&L CAI and Tune from brenspeed. my parents say its my car and my money so they dont care.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:41 PM
mikehtown05

hello i have a 05 with auto trans i want to but from bama the livewire combo with c&l intake i want to know what kind of tune should i get is the 89 oct. worth it. what the ifferent between the race

Tune Requested = Perf/Torq/Race for 87,89,91,93

First Program 1
[/align][/align]

Second Program 2
[/align][/align]

Third Program 3
[/align][/align]if you guys can help me out with what you guys have i would appricate it thanks

[/align]
Old 05-30-2007, 03:43 PM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

Personally, I prefer alternative auto tunes. AA tunes are what I use (87 octane) and I run 14.13's So i'm gonna have to say AA is the best.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:58 PM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

not trying to hijack thread but what is alternative autos site? because i get free gas on 87 so i would lvoe to keep using it.

and concerning the main thread i would say even buy the mrt intake it still looks like an airbox with a k&n drop in order the tuner with moeny order or have a friend do it and then just hide it. if u have to jsut wait until ur the only one that drive your car.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:40 PM
TheBlackPearl
2nd Gear Member

I have 93 performance, 93 Torque, 93 Race.

I like the Race tune the most. B@m@chips = awesome.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:31 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

boss!! what would you run on a 93 tune?!?!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:15 PM
JimC

ORIGINAL: S1ckStang

not trying to hijack thread but what is alternative autos site? because i get free gas on 87 so i would lvoe to keep using it.

and concerning the main thread i would say even buy the mrt intake it still looks like an airbox with a k&n drop in order the tuner with moeny order or have a friend do it and then just hide it. if u have to jsut wait until ur the only one that drive your car.
Putwww. then the words "alternative auto" as one wordthen the .com (don't know if the site will accept the full web site name since they are not a sponsor. Lidio has done great things with his tunes.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:10 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

type "alternative auto" in the search box.

Google is your friend.

http://www.google.com/

ORIGINAL: S1ckStang

Old 05-31-2007, 02:25 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheBlackPearl

I have 93 performance, 93 Torque, 93 Race.

I like the Race tune the most. B@m@chips = awesome.

what is the difference between the performance and race tune. does doug do 91 tunes also? no 93 here in Cali.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:55 PM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

What would I run on a 93 tune?Iuse the AA 89 tune at the track, butI have a tune from another big name tuner for 92, that tune makes me go slower. That tuner is well respected, and everyone who has their tunes loves them, soI won't name them, just state that aa tunes work best on my car. The thing about Alternative auto is the experience he has working with ford, ford products, and, as Lidio states, he is allowed more access to the computers paramaters because of his reputation and history with ford. I have "phone tunes" I called him, talked about what he offers, sent him a sheet of what my mods are and he created a tune for my car. It's not all about horsepower, its about using the horsepower your car makes effectivly. On the dyno, my car makes "only" 193 rwhp.

I want to point out that I wrote wrong, I run the 89 tune at the track, the 87 on the street. Alternative Auto did not make tunes for anything higher than 89 when I bought mine and may still not make them.

Quick Reply: Which TUNE is BETTER?