Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which TUNE is BETTER?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default Which TUNE is BETTER?

I was gettin ready to purchase some tunes from Doug at Bamma but noticed that a new shop opened up near my town that does dyno custom tuning. the custom tunes are pricier than Doug's. Do any of your guys think its worth it for me to get the dyno tune done or just go with a Doug tune? i was also looking into a VMP tune but it looks like they only work with SCT and i have a Diablo. What you guys think?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:34 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Which TUNE is BETTER?

I would go with a dyno tune. The best online/email tuner, in my opinion, is Brenspeed. I have tried others.. but his 93 tune is agressive and makes the car run very strong. I'm not sure if he tunes for Diablo though.

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

I was gettin ready to purchase some tunes from Doug at Bamma but noticed that a new shop opened up near my town that does dyno custom tuning. the custom tunes are pricier than Doug's. Do any of your guys think its worth it for me to get the dyno tune done or just go with a Doug tune? i was also looking into a VMP tune but it looks like they only work with SCT and i have a Diablo. What you guys think?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:08 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

vmp, topic closed
Old 05-29-2007, 08:18 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

I'm really bugged.....my dad says NO to a CAI/Tune because I already have too much hp
so I go, "Dad, but it gives good throttle response so I can get out of a bad situation if needed " Hes like, "naa naaa naaa, my corvette was slower than your car....I think your cars fast enough."

So in the end I may have to settle for a drop in K&N

I wouldve gotten B A M A's tunes with a jlt intake if I were to get an intake. I'd say, unless your FI, a dyno tune isnt going to make too much of a difference, considering Doug knows pretty well how to squeeze as much HP out of the cars, and if you tell him your mods, he'll make sure its the best. So in technicality, he is a custom tuner.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:28 PM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

a custom dyno tune isnt worth the money if u ask me....at most ull get a few extra ponies but nothing noticable. dougs tunes are awesome and completely drivable....i've been running his 93 perf and 93 race tunes for a while and absolutely love them.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:31 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

I'm really bugged.....my dad says NO to a CAI/Tune because I already have too much hp
so I go, "Dad, but it gives good throttle response so I can get out of a bad situation if needed " Hes like, "naa naaa naaa, my corvette was slower than your car....I think your cars fast enough."

I wouldve gotten B A M A's tunes with a jlt intake if I were to get an intake. I'd say, unless your FI, a dyno tune isnt going to make too much of a difference, considering Doug knows pretty well how to squeeze as much HP out of the cars, and if you tell him your mods, he'll make sure its the best. So in technicality, he is a custom tuner.
what an late 70s vette?

just get the K&N drop in and a vmp tune and hide the tunerCAIs dont do to much anyways its mostly tune
Old 05-30-2007, 12:51 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I don't know man... the "sucking" sound of a CAI is pretty cool...

+1 though.. a tune alone will still make a HUGE difference in the car.. especially if it's an auto. The bad side.. your dad would notice for sure.. the really bad side.. he would probably want to drive your car more...

Get the tuner!

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

what an late 70s vette?

just get the K&N drop in and a vmp tune and hide the tuner CAIs dont do to much anyways its mostly tune
Old 05-30-2007, 01:19 AM
tilt
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I was suprised by how loud the sucking sound is...I like it.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:40 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

what an late 70s vette?

just get the K&N drop in and a vmp tune and hide the tunerCAIs dont do to much anyways its mostly tune
yeh he had a 78 pacecar...a 76 and a 74 i think?

I think hes more against the tuner than the intake....my brother has an intake on his 04 but the cars didnt need tunes then. I'm sure I'll sway him by this summer.

I NEED MY OWN CREDIT CARD SO I CAN ORDER STUFF BY MYSELF!!
i always just have cash frrom bdays and work saved up that I need my dad to order and I pay him back..its annoying but what are you gonna do. I cant complain....I have a mustang!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:48 AM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

^^^^money order [sm=badbadbad.gif] lol

Quick Reply: Which TUNE is BETTER?