Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

door dings!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 05:12 AM
v6 muscle
1st Gear Member

Default door dings!!!

I have no clue what happened but it looks like someone punched my door and the worst part is that its right on the bosy line of the door!! does anyone have any tips of how to remove these dents so i don't have to go through the body shop??
Old 05-31-2007, 05:56 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Default RE: door dings!!!

That sucks!

I always park my car far away from any other cars.. and shopping carts to avoid dings...I do not mind the long walks as long as I have the peace of mind.
Dings sucks big time. Butsounds like yours was intentional.
You may just need to visit your local body shop to get that fix...

But here's one to cheer you up a bit... maybe it works.... maybe not.
http://www.dingking.tv/

Old 05-31-2007, 10:53 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Check out this video. I wonder if it really works. I've been meaning to go buy some dry ice and use it on my daughter's '06 Focus.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/494805..._with_dry_ice/
Old 06-03-2007, 08:57 PM
droptop6
2nd Gear Member

I don't know how good some of them ideas work but i had a door ding in my car and somebody told me about PDR (paintless dent removal) so i called a body shop close by and they gave me a number to a guy that travels around and fixes dents. He told me i could save a little money if i came to him while he was at a dealership fixing some of there dents, he charged me 50 bucks for a door ding about the size of a quater. You can't even tell there was ever a ripple in the paint and my car is black.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:05 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: droptop6

I don't know how good some of them ideas work but i had a door ding in my car and somebody told me about PDR (paintless dent removal) so i called a body shop close by and they gave me a number to a guy that travels around and fixes dents. He told me i could save a little money if i came to him while he was at a dealership fixing some of there dents, he charged me 50 bucks for a door ding about the size of a quater. You can't even tell there was ever a ripple in the paint and my car is black.
im convinced you just get your car repainted every day. it's way too shiny to be more than 12 hours old.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:03 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

[sm=signs006.gif]The dry ice thing does NOT work! A friend told me about that "trick" so I thought "what the heck, I 'll give it a try". For starters, I didn't need a whole big slab of dry ice, so when I told the gal at the grocery store that I only needed a small piece, I got questioned what i was going to do with it. Well, I was thinking "none of your business", but figured since I was in a decent mood I told her. Let the hysterical laughing begin [sm=roll.gif] To make things worse, she had to tell the other checkers what she was laughing about, while I was still standing there, so they all start laughing [sm=happybounce.gif]Once I got out of there,I went to try the experiment. I looked like a fool out in my drivewaythat day playing with dry ice!!! Of course I had to do this on a weekend when EVERYONE was home and for some unknown reason they all had a hair up their a@@ to do something in their yards! (they are never in their yards, always inside with all the blinds shut. Weirdos!) And of course, they never want to have a conversation until you are out there doing something ridiculous that you don't want anyone to know about. So one comes over, then the next one , then the next one... All chuckled and went back home, pointing me outto the rest of their inbreed family members [sm=laughat.gif], who also were outside for reasons unknown to man kind, because I haven't seen a flippin one of them since!That's alright though, I have a Mustang now [sm=lol.gif]and I don't see them laughing anymore when they are still driving their gas guzzling Chevys !!! Heck, come to think about it they don't even wave either!!!
But NO the dry ice does NOT work.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:08 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4Rowdy

[sm=signs006.gif]The dry ice thing does NOT work! A friend told me about that "trick" so I thought "what the heck, I 'll give it a try". For starters, I didn't need a whole big slab of dry ice, so when I told the gal at the grocery store that I only needed a small piece, I got questioned what i was going to do with it. Well, I was thinking "none of your business", but figured since I was in a decent mood I told her. Let the hysterical laughing begin [sm=roll.gif] To make things worse, she had to tell the other checkers what she was laughing about, while I was still standing there, so they all start laughing [sm=happybounce.gif]Once I got out of there,I went to try the experiment. I looked like a fool out in my drivewaythat day playing with dry ice!!! Of course I had to do this on a weekend when EVERYONE was home and for some unknown reason they all had a hair up their a@@ to do something in their yards! (they are never in their yards, always inside with all the blinds shut. Weirdos!) And of course, they never want to have a conversation until you are out there doing something ridiculous that you don't want anyone to know about. So one comes over, then the next one , then the next one... All chuckled and went back home, pointing me outto the rest of their inbreed family members [sm=laughat.gif], who also were outside for reasons unknown to man kind, because I haven't seen a flippin one of them since!That's alright though, I have a Mustang now [sm=lol.gif]and I don't see them laughing anymore when they are still driving their gas guzzling Chevys !!! Heck, come to think about it they don't even wave either!!!
But NO the dry ice does NOT work.
Oh man, sorry to hear about your embarrassing moments. At least we now know (thanks to you) that Dry Ice doesn't work. Very funny post BTW.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:44 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

I swear, my neighbors all have crappy yards [sm=smiley11.gif]and crappy cars! Can you say "redneck"??? Granted, we live in Nevada which is dry, but I have a fully landscaped yard and am proud of it.The rest of the neighbors have no landscape, no trees, no grass... nothing but sage brush & tumbleweeds (also known as the state flower! Geez, that's the best we could do is use a weed for the state flower??? [sm=WTFsgign.gif]) Not to brag but when you drive down our road all you see is junk yards and a lush greenoasis towards the end, that would be our yard! NEVER do my neighbors pry themselves out of their darkened holes to venture into their yards, EXCEPT when we are out side doing something "mysterious" [sm=ts.gif]. Then you see blinds moving on their windows [sm=nerd.gif], followed by front doors slowly opening and they come slithering out one by one. My husband always says the wicked witch's line from the Wizard of Oz, "help me I'm melting..." because they are outside in the sun!!! Pretending to be doing something productive, they chit chat with eachother at their property lines [sm=chattypair.gif], but you can see the whites of their eyes staring straight at you! Then it is obvious that one gets nominated to be the nosey one and wanders over to ask something stupid, like "is that a Ford???" Let alone, that's the only time they wander over to be social, not that that's a bad thing because they are all weird Chevy lovers [sm=loser.gif]! Not only do we have the best yard on the street, we have 3 Fords in our garage [sm=icon_rock.gif]!!! And they all run [sm=gears.gif]!!!

But back to the dry ice, although it did not work, we did indeed tell the stupid neighbor that the dry ice did work, hoping that we will see them outside looking as stupid as we did!! Now let's see who gets the last laugh!!!! [sm=yeahsmile.gif]
Old 06-04-2007, 08:16 PM
jets12
1st Gear Member

Try the paintless dent repair guys, they are very reasonable, I use them all the time for my 3 cars. They do wonders. just do an internet search for paintless dent repair in your city. YOU WON'T BE SORRY!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:22 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

I got a 1/4 inch scratch on my door... down to the metal !
touch up paint or should I take it to the bodyshop?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: door dings!!!