Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I got my MRT AeroTurbine on today

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 04:25 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I got my MRT AeroTurbine on today

the muffler does vibrate alot because there are only two hangers and they are really long. It will just sound better and better as it breaks in, and when you get an intake, it doesn't choke up top anymore at all...i was really suprised how different it sounded after the intake/tune.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:39 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

the muffler does vibrate alot because there are only two hangers and they are really long. It will just sound better and better as it breaks in, and when you get an intake, it doesn't choke up top anymore at all...i was really suprised how different it sounded after the intake/tune.
thanks for letting me know! i was about to go back to the muffler shop where i got it done and have them fix it. i should be getting my intake and tune hopefully within a few weeks so i cant wait. and with the amount of miles i drive, it should break in soon.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:39 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

i love my mrt!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:53 PM
ChldsPlay

ORIGINAL: sdsguy

in my car i noticed the drone in the high 2K RPM's, once i hit 3K it goes away.

has any one else noticed the exhaust vibrates a lot? i got mine done at a muffler shop, so i'm not sure if thats a characteristic of the muffler or if it just isn't tight enough
Yeah, I noticed it vibrates a lot. In fact I think it might have made my rear speaker come loose because it crackles up a storm now (have to get that fixed at the dealer). I get the drone at around 2K RPMs. I really never even come close to 3K unless I floor it, but when I do that it flies past 2K in no time, so it doesn't really drone. When I'm on the highway, it's pretty much a constant drone the entire time.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

yea dude with the MRT when you get on it everyone looks...its so loud
Old 06-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Dean53
1st Gear Member

Awesome stuff! I love my MRT muffler. And yes it will change tone after you let it break in some. I have heard some that needed to adjust the midpipe some to get it to fix perfect and not vibrate. Glad you like it.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:39 PM
TAoW1939
1st Gear Member

I love my MRT as well, my only problem is that its very raspy and crackles alot at WOT before the muffler warms up. Plus with an auto it sounds like @ss when cruising. Other than that, it does sound like God. Yelling. At a ricer.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:56 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

If I get this...

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2298

will it help with the with it chocking at the high RPM's? Or do I have to get a CAI because I really dont have money for that now.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:56 PM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

it sounds like a$$ because you don't have a CAI and tuner...everyoen says the difference is incredible...like night and day. I'm getting my MRT soon so we'll see but just thought id share...enjoy
Old 06-05-2007, 02:32 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viperrmk

If I get this...

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2298

will it help with the with it chocking at the high RPM's? Or do I have to get a CAI because I really dont have money for that now.
a drop in K&N filter adds nearly as much HP as their CAI. but most of the people on the forum say that it's not the CAI so much as the tune.

Quick Reply: I got my MRT AeroTurbine on today