Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

PLZ TELL ME...what else should I get??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:54 AM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: PLZ TELL ME...what else should I get??

lower control arms, suspenion mods, strut tower brace, rear sway bar. if its manual a shifter, or auto a ratchet shifter. umm upgraded brakes like big brake kit,
Old 06-03-2007, 05:48 AM
Glacial
1st Gear Member

Trac-Loc...I heard bout that b4...not really sure where I can buy one online, can u tell me?....and thanks 4 the help with the nitrous
Here is the true trak, http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Drivetrain.htm
Red_Blaze: Do what this man says.

A Trac-Lok is, hands down, the best mod you can do at this point. Power to both wheels is much better than power to one wheel After that, get some lower control arms (I got mine from hotpart.com , bout $130 shipped) -- they'll help keep the rear end planted on a launch. No sense in having tons of extra power if you can't get it to the ground! Between those two, your launches will improve IMMENSELY, and being able to throttle-steer around corners is a BLAST!

Now get buyin'!
Old 06-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Red_Blaze
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

How can you not know what kind of tune you have?
the reason is b/c I went to get all my stuff installed and the dude just said he tuned it up for me....he never told me what kind of tune or anything.......keep in mind I didn't know anything about tuners or tunes back then....and now I still don't know that much bout it, but i noe a lil something something
Old 06-03-2007, 12:37 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S1ckStang

lower control arms, suspenion mods, strut tower brace, rear sway bar. if its manual a shifter, or auto a ratchet shifter. umm upgraded brakes like big brake kit,
+1 on this one. I would also look into a reworked stall converter if you are an auto. A big brake kit is not necessary unless its a hard core autox car. I would just get a good set of hawk pads for the stock brakes.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Red_Blaze
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: S1ckStang

+1 on this one. I would also look into a reworked stall converter if you are an auto. A big brake kit is not necessary unless its a hard core autox car. I would just get a good set of hawk pads for the stock brakes.
Stall Converter? Not really sure what that is....Where can I get it online? Or What do I have to do for that?

Old 06-04-2007, 03:03 AM
v6 muscle
1st Gear Member

go for some camsand heads from supersixmotorsports.com you should see about 50 hp from these and you would become more reliable if you plan to do forced induction
Old 06-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

plug your tuner back in and see if you can read the last tune written. the diablo's let you do that so i guess the SCT does also. not sure though.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:57 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6 muscle

go for some camsand heads from supersixmotorsports.com you should see about 50 hp from these and you would become more reliable if you plan to do forced induction
The reliability of a built block comes from forged pistons actually. Though the heads and cams are definitely worth it on an FI car.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:02 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4LITER6

GT500 rear spoiler, (GT/CS) side scoops, GT sways and sequential tail lights, oH and tail light bezels....
all that stuff you listed is just cosmetic though, thread starter wanted to go faster(more HP & torque).
Old 06-04-2007, 11:52 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: Red_Blaze

PLZZZ HELP!!!
I need to know what else I can do to make my stang to go faster, More Torque and Horsepower

So Far I have:

- 3.73's
- Bassani X-Pipe
- Steeda Cold Air intake
- SCT X-Cal 2 (Not sure what type of tune)
- Throttle Body Spacer (It was free)
- Underdrive Pulley
- Magnaflows MagnaPacks
- JBA Silver Ceramic Headers
- Nitto Tires

Tell me what Else I Should Get??

p.s. No supercharger or Turbo plz

Which Nitto tire's do you have? Some hook better than others, and having add'l HP & torque means nothing if the car doesn't hook. A good set of drag radials on light rims will make your car faster.

Quick Reply: PLZ TELL ME...what else should I get??