Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Nino duals are on ! finally

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:15 AM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

Default Nino duals are on ! finally

I just got the kit from ninosport this saturday and it's on. The Y pipe conversion kit and gt take offs . It actually took about 3 to 4 hours in my driveway working on the ground , a little longer than I expected but I think it was well worth it . I was almost able to get the passenger side pipe out in one piece but had to wind up cutting it off . Anyway , all the new pipes and mufflers bolted up well , no welding required . I used an old bolt from the passenger side muffler hanger to make threads on the left side frame rail before using the new bolts for the drivers side that come with the kit . I cut the hole in the bumper using a jig saw with a fine tooth blade and then smoothed out the cut with sand paper .I did not seem to notice any loss of low end torque with this kit .In fact it doesn't seem to strain as much when accelerating like it's more free and that tractor like sound coming from the motor seems even less . In fact according to my stopwatch I think it may have even dropped a tenth or two from 0-60. The Gt take offs have no drone at all at cruising and sound just a little different than the stock muffler and maybe just a little louder ( but not too loud at all ) when you get on it but it sounds good . Looks great .I think if your gonna keep it basically stock you can't go wrong.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Nino duals are on ! finally

congrats!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I wonder if you do loose a little speed (0-60) when adding duals? Like whats the time difference of say a Ninosport Y pipe compared to an H or the X?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:10 AM
DUG5SPD
2nd Gear Member

yeah what is the time diff?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
tientran
2nd Gear Member

Loosing backpressure and the car looses power ? It may be right in theory, but in reality it is not right. I have true dual with X pipe from Ford Racing. The car runs stronger and no more throttle lag.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

so if i decide to go ninosport duals, im most likely going to have to cut my passenger side exhaust?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Old 06-25-2007, 03:41 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jsierzega

so if i decide to go ninosport duals, im most likely going to have to cut my passenger side exhaust?
as with any dual exhaust....its nearly impossible to get the passenger side exhaust pipe off in one piece without having a lift.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:42 PM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

My car with the duals from THIS KIT is no slower 0-60. If you install it in the driveway you'll have to cut off the passenger side pipe
Old 06-25-2007, 09:28 PM
jcoggin

so you had to tap the drivers side to make threads for the hanger bolts?

Quick Reply: Nino duals are on ! finally