Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Well, advice needed, show or go?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 03:11 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default Well, advice needed, show or go?

Well I've been doing some looking around for what to do next. I was posed this question by "the King" after Norwalk and I told him, I don' t know....and I didn't. I don't have the Prettiest or fastest but looking for help.....

The looking I've been doing is track time and my car. To be honest (and Vain) I got a good running car. Its an auto and IMO mildly modded. No headers, no duals, no DR's, still has cats, nothing F/I or Nitrous yet and its a V6....lol. Other than Boss 244 there is currently no one faster (N/A 4.0...sorry Nick you'll beat me soon, I know you will).

My questions to ALL OF YOU is what do I do. Do I try to hit 14.2's or lower or do I start adding mods for show....LOOKS?
I will never have Scrmins car or Rygens/Flapjacks power but I can do other things to my ride but I don't know what. Maybe chin spoiler (others say no to low) I will stay V6 through and through no new facias. Maybe Stripes Silver of course or I got a quote for ghost flames on the hood....thoughts?
Or do I go for the speed and try to hit the 13.9 mark N/A, Alum D/S, Panhard, Duals?

My concern is the WIFE is getting less mod acceptant( hear that Marty and Jim)...lol I only got a left few in me. I can only hide so much. Please chime in and let me know what YOUR thoughts are!
RON[/align]
Old 06-06-2007, 03:54 AM
pkeough
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Well, advice needed, show or go?

Youre car looks great so I say do some performance mods like you said the alum. driveshaft would probably be a good one or other small performance things like udp's (unless you already have that). I really like that rocker stripe you have, where'd you get that?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:17 AM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Car looks nice as it is ....get the driveshaft and a pair of headers.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:29 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pkeough
Youre car looks great so I say do some performance mods like you said the alum. driveshaft would probably be a good one or other small performance things like udp's (unless you already have that). I really like that rocker stripe you have, where'd you get that?
Thanks man, got the UDP's and the rocker stripe is from BSM saleen style side stripe. I think I paid $22 for it.

and Rico did the headers do anything for you?
Old 06-06-2007, 02:46 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Ron -How many times do I need to tell you this? You currently are the 2nd quickest N/A 4.0Lat 14.4xx, but you are not the 2nd fastest at 95.0mph. Although you have a quicker ET, I'm faster than you at 95.7mph Or are you strictly talking about 4.0L's in Michigan???

In terms of performance mods, a PH driveshaft would be "safer" when you are screaming down the track with your 3.73's. You can sell your wife on that one cuz it really is an improvement in safety for anyone inside the car (and it reduces rotational mass). A port & polish will be harder to sell...

I'm not huge on appearance mods, but you have an infinite number of changes you can make to your TG coupe. Rather than go haphazard, establish your overall goal for the car (i.e. looking for a mag feature, snagging a best of show trophy, designing a look that sets you apart, etc). Once you have a goal in mind, then you can find the mods that will give you a balanced look to achieve that.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:57 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

Ron -How many times do I need to tell you this? You currently are the 2nd quickest N/A 4.0Lat 14.4xx, but you are not the 2nd fastest at 95.0mph. Although you have a quicker ET, I'm faster than you at 95.7mph Or are you strictly talking about 4.0L's in Michigan???
In terms of performance mods, a PH driveshaft would be "safer" when you are screaming down the track with your 3.73's. You can sell your wife on that one cuz it really is an improvement in safety for anyone inside the car (and it reduces rotational mass). A port & polish will be harder to sell...
I'm not huge on appearance mods, but you have an infinite number of changes you can make to your TG coupe. Rather than go haphazard, establish your overall goal for the car (i.e. looking for a mag feature, snagging a best of show trophy, designing a look that sets you apart, etc). Once you have a goal in mind, then you can find the mods that will give you a balanced look to achieve that.
LOL you kill me, thanks for the advice but I think I'm going with the D/S I just ordered one if intrested let me know I got a sweet deal on a custom shaft. They are building it today and I should have it ready by Tuesday next week. If not sooner. Yes you are faster but have DR's too cheater.....lol
As for looks I'm just looking to make my car stand out more, speed is always a concern.
Talk to you soon, let me know on the D/S
Old 06-06-2007, 06:08 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: rmays06

LOL you kill me, thanks for the advice but I think I'm going with the D/S I just ordered one if intrested let me know I got a sweet deal on a custom shaft. They are building it today and I should have it ready by Tuesday next week. If not sooner. Yes you are faster but have DR's too cheater.....lol
As for looks I'm just looking to make my car stand out more, speed is always a concern.
Talk to you soon, let me know on the D/S
FYI - my current best run of 14.701 @ 95.7mph was done with stock 17" Pirellis.

A new driveshaft should be a nice improvement for you in both safety and performance. I installed my PH driveshaft and safety loop at the same time as my gears/LSD, so the change to my car was dramatic. I think you'll be pleased...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

hey. what mods performance wise do you have that you could get 14.4?
Old 06-06-2007, 06:53 PM
TAoW1939
1st Gear Member

Make it go before you make make it show. All show and no go is for the ricers.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:13 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

i agree, go for the performance mods before appearance.

Quick Reply: Well, advice needed, show or go?