Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Does the 2007 Pony Package actually come with upgraded front stabalizer and rear sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 06:05 PM
hotarri

Default Does the 2007 Pony Package actually come with upgraded front stabalizer and rear sway bar?

When I bought my 07 Pony Package I was not aware of the suspension upgrades since they are not listed on Ford's website, and I have seen others saying that the 07 Pony Package is purely cosmetic unlike the 06.

Do the 07's actually include these two handling upgrades?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:01 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Does the 2007 Pony Package actually come with upgraded front stabalizer and rear sway bar?

Yes... look under the back of the car.. those two white things are part of the rear sway bar.

ORIGINAL: hotarri

When I bought my 07 Pony Package I was not aware of the suspension upgrades since they are not listed on Ford's website, and I have seen others saying that the 07 Pony Package is purely cosmetic unlike the 06.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:13 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Does the 2007 Pony Package actually come with upgraded front stabalizer and rear sway bar?

Lucky SOB's
Old 06-08-2007, 07:25 PM
hotarri

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

Yes... look under the back of the car.. those two white things are part of the rear sway bar.

You're right, how very odd of Ford to misrepresent this option in their TV commercials and website. I even checked my window sticker and it did not say a thing regarding sway bars or suspension.

I would think that more people would opt to buy this upgrade if they would advertise it properly.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:45 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

It's on the sticker.. just not sure what they called it.

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

You're right, how very odd of Ford to misrepresent this option in their TV commercials and website. I even checked my window sticker and it did not say a thing regarding sway bars or suspension.

I would think that more people would opt to buy this upgrade if they would advertise it properly.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

From one of my other posts:

The 2007 Pony Package has the following and retails for $750

"For V-6 buyers, the Pony Package includes a customized grille with GT-style round fog lamps and a chrome bezel, or “corral,†around the traditional Mustang prancing horse. Backing up this visual upgrade is a GT-inspired suspension featuring a larger front stabilizer bar, the addition of a rear stabilizer bar and P235/55ZR17 tires on painted cast-aluminum wheels. With bright machined rims and unique tri-bar Pony center caps, these are the largest factory wheels and tires ever fitted to a V-6 Mustang. Further touches include Pony front fender badges, lower door tape stripe, carpeted front floor mats with special brushed chrome “Mustang†logos and a rear spoiler."

Anti lock brakes plus traction control is a separate option for $775 for 2007

The 2006 Pony Package includes the above plus Anti Lock Brakes and Traction Control.It retails for $1195, which is$330 less than the combined 2007 options.

The Pony Package is only available on the V6 Premium. There is a stripe delete option. The color of the vent is determined by the interior package. Silver vents for the Interior Upgrade Package, black vents for the standard and Sports Appearance Package.

The 2007 VIN number does not have a digit that tells if the vehicle came with the Pony Package. The Vehicle Certification (VC) label inside the drivers door does not have a digit that tells if the vehicle came with the Pony Package.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 PM
enzo51
1st Gear Member

Hi,

had I known back then that the Pony pkg includes sway bars, I would have it considered seriously!
Now what can I do? Can I just buy some GT take off parts and install them on my V6?
Are the sway bars the same between a V6 and a V8?

One more question: are the suspensions of a V6 the same on all models or are they also different if it is a Pony pkg?

Thx
Old 06-08-2007, 09:38 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: enzo51

Hi,

had I known back then that the Pony pkg includes sway bars, I would have it considered seriously!
Now what can I do? Can I just buy some GT take off parts and install them on my V6?
Are the sway bars the same between a V6 and a V8?

One more question: are the suspensions of a V6 the same on all models or are they also different if it is a Pony pkg?

Thx
what did you get?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:49 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

It is only for the older pony packages when they first came out that you get the suspention stuff....it was also way more expencive than $750....when i got it it was more like $2k extra
Old 06-08-2007, 10:03 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Mine is an 07 pony package and it came with the sway bars.

And yes, you can use the sways from the GT.. they are better too.

ORIGINAL: chrisc

It is only for the older pony packages when they first came out that you get the suspention stuff....it was also way more expencive than $750....when i got it it was more like $2k extra

Quick Reply: Does the 2007 Pony Package actually come with upgraded front stabalizer and rear sway bar?