Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Carcare for Redfire Mustang: what do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:09 PM
v6 muscle
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Carcare for Redfire Mustang: what do you recommend?

go to your local auto parts shop and get ICE wax... it is amazing
Old 06-12-2007, 08:13 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

No dish soap.
Get something that is pH neutral.
Most major car wash soaps are
pH neutral.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Dishwashing soap isn't good if you use it often, one time won't hurt your clear coat and it definitely won't eat through your clear. I'd recommend washing, claybarring, then washing with only 2 drops of dawn per gallon of water (don't use a lot of dawn.. like these guys say its pH isn't good for your paint, which pretty much contradicts me but detailers will tell you that but will tell you to wash it with dawn if you want to get rid of the water spots). I'd go over it with meguiar's yellow carnauba wax. 3M has products that are synthetic that were recommended to me by NAPA, but I just prefer carnauba although anything you get is going to have chemicals in it even carnauba wax. I'm going to wash my white mustang with dawn and then go over it with carnauba wax this weekend just to get rid of the water spots that Mr. Clean leaves behind. Mr. Clean car wash is good for minimizing water spots, but you will never have a wash that gets rid of them completley unless you either use dawn or use water that has no minerals in it at all and let the car dry indoors in a place that barely has any dust at all.

I haven't claybarred before, if you claybar the entire vehicle that might take all the water spots out and you wouldn't even have to worry about using dawn at all, at that point you'd pretty much just need to put a coat of wax on it.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:04 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

Meguiars Products!!!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

The only meguire product i will use is the nxt wax. everything else has really dissapointed me. not to mention if i hear that guy say/put on their products the phrase car crazy i think i will kill my self. those of you who watch speed and have seen car crazy will know what i mean
Old 06-13-2007, 02:59 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

By Meguiars products, I mean the spray detailer, interior cleaner thing, and the NXT Wax. That's what I use from them...
Old 06-13-2007, 12:08 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Mothers SYN wax.
Its a synthetic.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:31 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

I'd recommend meguiar's carnauba but these guys are saying the NXT is giving them a real good shine. Sometimes products that give that good of shine don't last very many washes but since it's recommended to wax once a month, it should be fine really.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

The only meguire product i will use is the nxt wax. everything else has really dissapointed me. not to mention if i hear that guy say/put on their products the phrase car crazy i think i will kill my self. those of you who watch speed and have seen car crazy will know what i mean
Meguire's Scratch-X stuff is rediculously amazing

probably their best product, and i can vouch for it with several cars
Old 06-14-2007, 04:47 AM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang_Heritage07

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

Meguire's Scratch-X stuff is rediculously amazing

probably their best product, and i can vouch for it with several cars
hell yeah man I just used it today.. I really screwed up my paint trying to wet sand a touchup paint spot..and I went over it with that and it glazed the touchup paint AND smoothed out my factory clear coat back to the way it was before I started. I'm going to definitely be using this on this car, it works perfect.

Quick Reply: Carcare for Redfire Mustang: what do you recommend?