Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SCRAPPED THE TUNGSTON!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:42 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SCRAPPED THE TUNGSTON!

ORIGINAL: amptor

I liked the tungston pics I saw here ages ago, but you need to use some sort of special wax to get the car to glow really well and it had a body kit which also helped make it look real good. Otherwise it looks like an executive car or something which is fitting for some people. I changed my mind from white -> tungsten -> blue (with stripes that car is too plain without stripes) -> white and stuck with white. Imo white is the best color and I don't have a hard time at all keeping it spotless clean. I use meguiar's cleaner wax when it gets those tiny black specs on it and I finish it off with carnauba wax. Most of the time I dont' even have to wash the mustang, since I wax it once a month most of the time dirt just rinses right off the thing.
First off to each is own but White over a tungsten? Are you mad! Good luck since a dealer convinced you that you have a fast back you might need to do moreresearch before you mod again.
TUNGSTEN an executive car or someting....WTF its grey how does that make it an executive's car...
Those tiny black specs are fall out an really what you are doing is covering up instead of taking off they will multiply and get worse unless you clay bar it GOOD LUCK
Old 06-12-2007, 05:56 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Nah the cleaner wax CLEANS it doens't cover anything, hence that it is called a cleaner wax. Otherwise, it'd be a white liquid and barely anyone would buy it, it's not made for white cars anyway lol. I thought the tungsten was too dark of a grey, I would've gone silver if I wanted that color. I still like white the best, I'm not saying it is the best color though because this car also looks good in red, blue, etc whatever anyone wants. I have strong opinions about imports being just one color, such as if I got a subaru wrx it'd have to be blue, or an infiniti g35 would have to be metallic red or burgendy. Just my opinion. Also I made my final decision on a blazing hot weekend, so of course white is going to feel better on those kinds of days.

Good luck with claybarring, it really isn't necessary for everyone. Luckily I keep my car clean so i don't need to bother with that. Right now as it sits I have no fallout and next time I wash my car it'll pretty much wash all the specs off because my coat of wax is still fresh. It's a good idea to keep your detailing up so you don't have to get the whole car buffed out later on.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:04 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Nah the cleaner wax CLEANS it doens't cover anything, hence that it is called a cleaner wax. Otherwise, it'd be a white liquid and barely anyone would buy it, it's not made for white cars anyway lol. I thought the tungsten was too dark of a grey, I would've gone silver if I wanted that color. I still like white the best, I'm not saying it is the best color though because this car also looks good in red, blue, etc whatever anyone wants. I have strong opinions about imports being just one color, such as if I got a subaru wrx it'd have to be blue, or an infiniti g35 would have to be metallic red or burgendy. Just my opinion. Also I made my final decision on a blazing hot weekend, so of course white is going to feel better on those kinds of days.
Aside from you bashing of the Tungsten color the greastest color know to man....lol Tungsten is an exotic color, that is why the Ford GT, shelby GT500 and Linclon and Austin Martin have used it on thier cars as well.
You might have some misinformation on cleaner wax. It will not remove fall out, it pulls contaminates off the paint to an extent. It is a gritty wax that fills and binds to the clearcoat covering much of what is already there. If it got all the bad stuff and fall out off cars companies would not make clay bars to the public. White is know for getting the most visible sort of fall out to show. Its a beautiful color on these cars and I like it alot but don't be mistake for CLEANER WAX fully cleaning your car. That is also why the sell paint pre prior to waxing. A clay bar removes WAX, Polish, and contaminates while others build up.....
GOOD LUCK
Old 06-12-2007, 06:10 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Good luck with claybarring, it really isn't necessary for everyone. Luckily I keep my car clean so i don't need to bother with that. Right now as it sits I have no fallout and next time I wash my car it'll pretty much wash all the specs off because my coat of wax is still fresh. It's a good idea to keep your detailing up so you don't have to get the whole car buffed out later on.
http://www.clean-image.co.uk/articles/fallout.htm

Well it seems as if you know everything so here I got a simple article for you:
Paintwork is not solid. If you look at it under a microscope you would see that it is full of holes like a sponge and as your paintwork corrodes, the oxidizing compounds seep deeper into these holes.
Unfortunately, nothing will prevent the damaging effects of metal fallout if it gets onto your car.
One method of removal is acid washing. The acid eats out all the fallout and corrosive compounds, the acid is then neutralized with alkaloid soap.
Another method is with 'clay bars', these are like soft erasers which contain special chemicals to neutralize the effects of the fallout and remove the metal particles.
Heres another one for yout oo.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-clay.html
Old 06-12-2007, 06:27 PM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

lol you guys are confusing
Old 06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

how is calling it an executive's car bashing it? executives are classy and make a boatload of cash dude I think dark gt500's look like executive cars as well mainly because they are pricey and the aggressive look they have.

anyway, yeah I was talking about the fallout you can see. I don't know about the stuff you can't see. All this stuff is falling on top of my wax because my dealer claybarred the entire car twice when I only had < 200 miles on it and put carnauba wax on it. I've been waxing it once a month ever since. So I use the cleaner product and it takes all the visible dark fallout/bugs/whatever the really tiny less than 1mm large specs off my paint and then I finish it up with a coat of carnauba wax. I think that's good enough. But now I'm trapping very fine water spots between layers of wax so I'm going to fix that this weekend probably. This car is garaged so it isn't getting fallout from the nearby factories at night, this is mostly from driving. I think it's kinda odd to have to claybar a car that has under 20k miles on it to begin with lol, I never claybar my vw bug and I had it painted in 1996, paint is fine on that. I think I have 36k or so on that restore. I've seen fallout on that, and it's probably easier to remove with claybar..but the mustang has so little that's probably just on top of the wax anyway..it's easy to get the visible stuff off. I mean I'm not standing over it with a towel and cleaner going over the roof constantly, I'd imagine that'd eventually warp the metal if it had that much fallout to clean up.

ORIGINAL: rmays06

http://www.clean-image.co.uk/articles/fallout.htm

Well it seems as if you know everything so here I got a simple article for you:
Paintwork is not solid. If you look at it under a microscope you would see that it is full of holes like a sponge and as your paintwork corrodes, the oxidizing compounds seep deeper into these holes.
Unfortunately, nothing will prevent the damaging effects of metal fallout if it gets onto your car.
One method of removal is acid washing. The acid eats out all the fallout and corrosive compounds, the acid is then neutralized with alkaloid soap.
Another method is with 'clay bars', these are like soft erasers which contain special chemicals to neutralize the effects of the fallout and remove the metal particles.
Heres another one for yout oo.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-clay.html
Old 06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
pkeough
1st Gear Member

i still wanna see this fastback...
Old 06-13-2007, 11:23 AM
DUG5SPD
2nd Gear Member

It says fastback on the side of the hood and has a hood scoop and a tight spoiler. I dont care if its " " a REAL fastback, it says it on it and looks cool, so i like it, and it was a whole 59 dollars more.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:26 AM
DUG5SPD
2nd Gear Member

oh and by the way, why does tungston look purple? I dont get it?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:29 AM
DUG5SPD
2nd Gear Member

iT

Quick Reply: SCRAPPED THE TUNGSTON!