Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First thought....Alum D/S installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:55 AM
tilt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: First thought....Alum D/S installed!

Yeah all the web ones are 500, seems a little pricey for what it is imo. 385 sounds a lot more in the ballpark of what I would expect, actually still a little high.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:35 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

All of the research I've been doing I have seen an average price of about $300. That is for a standard replacement with the yoke and whole set up. I don't really think I overpaid for this one. Yes maybe a tad bit but what have you found for the Mustang S197 cheap?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:41 PM
droptop6
2nd Gear Member

I just bought that shaft from the same place. The reason rmays wasn't talking price yet was because these are custom made to fit your car and we weren't sure how much he was going to sell them for until he made a couple of them. rmays car is lowered and my car is 1 inch taller in the rear and the measurement was within 1/8 of an inch. So now they know there will be no hidden costs involved so now they put it on there website. Here is the link. And if you guys can find one cheaper than $385.00 don't hesitate to buy it, because nobody out there is manufacturing a 4" aluminum 1 piece shaft for the v6 for under 500 bucks. But you can check local drive shaft guys in your area and maybe get it cheaper. This is a nice shaft with Spicer u-joints so it's easy to get replacement u-joints for. We aren't trying to sell anybody on this but i couldn't justify 500 and change for a driveshaft but 385 is a good deal.http://www.shaftmasters.com/store/in...roducts_id=212
Old 06-14-2007, 08:53 PM
vb101
1st Gear Member

Any vibration? I replaced my original driveshaft that had no u-joint clips with one of the updated stock shafts that does have the u-joint clips and now I get vibration on deceleration above 80 mph. I'm looking to get a good aluminum driveshaft because I've read of others getting an aluminum shaft and they all say they get no vibration. I'm hoping the vibration I'm getting is just the crappy stock driveshaft.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:41 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Any vibration? I replaced my original driveshaft that had no u-joint clips with one of the updated stock shafts that does have the u-joint clips and now I get vibration on deceleration above 80 mph. I'm looking to get a good aluminum driveshaft because I've read of others getting an aluminum shaft and they all say they get no vibration. I'm hoping the vibration I'm getting is just the crappy stock driveshaft.
No, no vibrations at all! I have spent about 1/2 hour ragging on it just to see if that concerned poped up. It is very steady IMO still I've been up to about 95-100MPH and nothing different. I am trying to pay attention to that myself to see if anything comes up...nope its PERFECT IMO

Good for you Joe you got it!!! When you get it on let me know, man is the car running sweet.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:51 PM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

wow shipping only comes out to 15 bucks too so 400 total, wonder if this will help drive down prices from other vendors
Old 06-15-2007, 03:20 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ismellhonda

wow shipping only comes out to 15 bucks too so 400 total, wonder if this will help drive down prices from other vendors
Not sure but it can't hurt. I am very very happy with the set up and can't wait to hit the track with it....
Old 06-16-2007, 02:53 PM
droptop6
2nd Gear Member

Ron i just picked it up about an hour ago i got a few things i have to do today but i will have it on tonight. Then i will run it tommorrow to feel the difference. David over there at Shaftmasters is a nice guy, he is very easy to deal with he answered all my questions and told me to call him back when i get it installed so he can get some feed back on how the shaft is working out for us. He said he has gotten alot of hits on is website already and he's happy about that. I'll call you as soon as i run the car tommorrow and let you know how it is.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Can't argue about that price....

I have the Driveshaft Shop 3.5" aluminum shaft (which I prefer) but for about $200 less that one is a great deal.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:14 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert
Can't argue about that price....
I have the Driveshaft Shop 3.5" aluminum shaft (which I prefer) but for about $200 less that one is a great deal.
Ya know Torch I really tired to get him to do it in 3.5" for me, Dave wouldn't budge at all on it saying it wasn't needed. I wanted the less weight but I didn't argue to much as he knows his business. So far it is working out great. The ride is grea tand pulling out of the hole for me is even better.

@Joe let me know what you think....Its light isn't it?

Quick Reply: First thought....Alum D/S installed!