Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

gears, t-lok, and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:37 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Default gears, t-lok, and warranty

so i'm thinking of getting 3.73's and a t-lok....that voids the warranty right?

but how will ford know i have gears? i mean, is it completely obvious that the gears are different by just looking at it if they have to open it up for any reason? hopefully that's not too dumb of a question.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:39 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: gears, t-lok, and warranty

It will void the warrenty of your rear end, but not the whole car. And if it breaks, and you try to claim it as warrenty, yes it is simple for ford to figure out it is not the stock part.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Hey sdguy, any time you mod you play with your warrenty. Will they know, well if it isn't involved with the rear end. YOu could always have your dealer do the mod and have them warrenty it. Good luck it is worth the money!
Old 06-18-2007, 03:13 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

see i was wondering about getting it done at one of the dealers. there's one dealer that does a lot of custom work and was considering them do this.

i was also looking into getting a 1" drop...what do you guys think?
Old 06-18-2007, 03:20 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

I love the look of these cars droppedbut there aint alot of 1" out there most are a tad over too 1.5"
Old 06-18-2007, 12:12 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

+1 have the dealer do it.

A 1" drop will clean up the gap but not effect ground clearance too much.

SOHC

PS: Does the SDS have a bigger radiator and extra fans to help with cooling in traffic jams? Just kidding, love your ride.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:21 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Hey SDguy have JBA do it I got mine done there and they did an awesome job. The dealer may not be the best place to have it done since they don't specialize in gears. You really need someone that knows what they are doing with it. Besides I don't think that by having the dealer do it it will not void the warrantee on the rear end or any thing else that may be linked to it. since your modding the car different than Ford built it. I may be wrong. You will love that mod dude!!
Old 06-18-2007, 04:43 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

The following was moved from the double post created by the OP -

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

well when you get gears and a t lok you need to tune the car,otherwise your speedometer will be off. Way off. ford will know. i would waite till you are out of warranty.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:27 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Hey sdguy, any time you mod you play with your warrenty. Will they know, well if it isn't involved with the rear end. YOu could always have your dealer do the mod and have them warrenty it. Good luck it is worth the money!
I strong advise AGAINST having a dealership do it! First off, if you read the disclaimer, Ford Racing Parts (like gears and T-lok) are sold "As-Is"... no warranty! Second, the guys at a dealership most likely not get the install right and you'll have a lot of gear noise and be very unhappy with it...

I strongly recommend you ask around and get some referrals to either a speed shop or specialzed shop that does rear ends all day long and has lots of experience... When I asked my local dealership to quoute an install they told me, "We don't know what to quote you because we don't know how long it will take... " Not a good sign!! LOL!
Old 06-18-2007, 09:13 PM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

They didn't know how long it would take...LMAO. Now that is too funny.

Quick Reply: gears, t-lok, and warranty