Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I want a Mustang, but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:50 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I want a Mustang, but...

ORIGINAL: Sarsippius787

Pony Packages comes standard with ABS and TCS. Also it comes with the interior upgrade; that's including the "leather" seats.
nope......07 no abs/tcs is included. nothing else is either.
all you get with pony package is the spoiler, tape strip, 17 bullits, grille, and suspension upgrade, and floor mats.

Okay first off, dont lease. and NEVER make a down payment on a lease. If you do, and you total the car, you get nothing back from insurance, so basically if nething happens to you in the first year or so its not a good story. Also, those lease payments are high as hell even with the down payment it seems fishy. I'm financing mine for 60 months and its fully loaded minus automatic...sticker was 23655....paid 17k. at 1.9% with a 6 yr 75k mile warranty and nothing down not even tax, my payments are 340.

I live right on the border of suffolk/nassau. All the dealers I went to were rape artists. First of all it was all autos, and there was no negotiating/cars in stock. So we were perusing ebay and got my car as an 05 leftover in april of 06. My dad lowballed the guy and he accepted. So we got 6500 bux off the sticker, with low financing and we were set. BUT....the car was in boston. There is no reason you need to rely on the one dealership that is closest to your house.

Disclaimer: This window sticker is only representative of the information contained on an actual window sticker, and may or may not match the actual window sticker on the vehicle itself. Please see your dealer for further information.

Vehicle Description

VIN1ZVHT80N875337613

MUSTANG
2007V6 COUPE PREM
4.0L SOHC V6 ENGINE
5-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION

Exterior
VISTA BLUE
Interior
LIGHT GRAPHITE LEATHER TRIMMED BUCKET SEATS

Standard EquipmentINCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR
. 16" BRIGHT MACHINED WHEELS W/CHROME SPINNER
. P215/65R/R16 TIRES
. STAINLESS STEEL SINGLE EXH
. DUAL POWER MIRRORS
. VARIABLE INTERVAL WIPERS
. REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER
INTERIOR
. AIR CONDITIONING
. SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM AM/FM W/ CDX6 & MP3
. AUXILIARY AUDIO INPUT JACK
. CLOTH FRONT BUCKET SEATS
. POWER 6-WAY DRIVERS SEAT
. SPLIT FOLD REAR SEAT
. CENTER CONSOLE W/ARMREST
. SPEED CONTROL/TILT WHEEL

. POWER DOOR LOCKS & WINDOWS
. DUAL VANITY MIRRORS
FUNCTIONAL
. BRAKES, POWER 4-WHEEL DISC
. POWER RACK PINION STEERING
. POWER POINTS (2)
SAFETY/SECURITY
. AIR BAGS, DRIV/FRONT PASS
. FRONT/REAR OUTBOARD THREE POINT SHOULDER/LAP BELTS
. 24 HR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
. SECURILOCK
. REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
WARRANTY
. 3YR/36000 BUMPER TO BUMPER
. 5YR/60,000 POWERTRAIN
. 5YR/60,000 ROADSIDE ASSIST

Price Information
MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE
$20,245

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 120A-PREM COUPE
SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM
DRIVER & PASSENGER AIR BAGS
POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT
MANUAL AIR CONDITIONING

Optional Equipment

2007 MODEL YEAR

VISTA BLUE

LIGHT GRAPHITE LEATHER

.4.0L SOHC V6 ENGINE

5-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION

JOB #2 ORDER

INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE

SATIN ALUMINUM PANEL

V6 PONY PACKAGE

.P235/55/ZR17 A/S TIRE

.FRT FLOOR MATS MUSTANG LOGO

.V6 REAR DECKLID SPOILER

.TAPE STRIPE DELETE

.17" PREMIUM PAINTED CAST ALUM

.PONY CENTER CAP

V6 PERFORMANCE PACKAGE

CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS SYSTEM

FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

.TRACTION CONTROL

LEATHER TRIMMED BUCKET SEATS

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS

DESTINATION & DELIVERY

V6 PREFORMANCE PACKAGE

TOTAL SAVINGS
($775)

TOTAL MSRP
$24,270.00

Disclaimer: Option pricing will be blank for any item that is priced as 0 or "No Charge".

Estimated Annual Fuel Cost:$1,892

CITY MPG

HIGHWAY MPG
Vehicle Engine Information
2007 MUSTANG, 4.0 LITER ENGINE, 6 CYLINDERS FUEL INJECTION, CATALYST, 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition. Results reported to EPA indicate that the majority of vehicles with these estimates will achieve between 15 and 21 mpg in the city and between 22 and 30 mpg on the highway.
For Comparison Shopping all vehicles classified as SUBCOMPACT have been issued mileage ratings from 11 to 34 mpg city and 16 to 40 mpg highway.

Ford Extended Service Plan is the ONLY service contract backed by Ford and honored by over 5,100 Ford and Lincoln-Mercury dealers. Ask your dealer for prices and additional details or see our website at www.Ford-ESP.com This is actually right on jericho turnpike in huntington...but it has leather.

What you should do is find out the name of any dealer that has the car you want in their inventory....call them up or email them and see what they can do. Then take a day have your friend drive you up there and then come home with it. Dealers will always rape you when trading cars. Because you are not helping them in any way. Dealers want to get rid of the cars on
Old 06-20-2007, 05:09 PM
qdogg290

Thank you all for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it,

It's reassuring to hear that the ball is in my court, and that the leather is synthetic, atlhough I must cut costs somewhere, as that is something I could get by without. It is hard to find a cloth seats w/ the pony package though.

I nearly bought the car yesterday, but upon returning to the dealership, I found the downpayment did not include taxes and bank fees as I had inferred it did. To be honest, I was kind of relieved that things fell through the cracks. I have an affinity towards this vehicle, but I'm not sure if it's for me. Like I mentioned in my initial post, I have it down to an Element, CR-V, or Mustang. I'm considering a small SUV, that would allow for me to tote my gigantic telescope around, as well as provide ample space for my art work (although I think the Mustang would be suffice in this respect, as I do not stretch my canvas). I intend on moving into my own apartment long before the 3-year lease is up, and a small SUVs would greatly facilitate things. Here on Long Island, the winters are hit or miss, and I know the Mustang has the reputation of being rendered useless by inclement weather, nor is the car particularly reliable altogether, as I have heard some nightmarish anecdotal accounts. Mustang owners - could you provide me with your own experiences?

Well, I just blasted the Mustang, didn't intend to sound so harsh. I don't think there'd be a car as fun to drive in this price range, and of course I'm interested in picking up chicks at my age. The Element, on the other hand, is kind hideous, although I find it to have a trace of adorableness. The more benign looking CR-V is boring, and I would have to settle for a front wheel drive version stripped of all luxuries to get the payments to 299 (where the Element is, although that has XM radio, alloy wheels, etc.)

Believe me, if the price for the Mustang was right I'd bite the bullet, it's pretty neat that you have the option of browsing the inventory of each Ford dealership from their website. Unfortunately, it just says the price, color, trim level, but doesn't provide the list of ameneties.

I really do love the Mustang though, it is the car I desire the most, just not practical.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 05:16 PM
LL88
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: qdogg290

Thank you all for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it,

It's reassuring to hear that the ball is in my court, and that the leather is synthetic, atlhough I must cut costs somewhere, as that is something I could get by without. It is hard to find a cloth seats w/ the pony package though.

I nearly bought the car yesterday, but upon returning to the dealership, I found the downpayment did not include taxes and bank fees as I had inferred it did. To be honest, I was kind of relieved that things fell through the cracks. I have an affinity towards this vehicle, but I'm not sure if it's for me. Like I mentioned in my initial post, I have it down to an Element, CR-V, or Mustang. I'm considering a small SUV, that would allow for me to tote my gigantic telescope around, as well as provide ample space for my art work (although I think the Mustang would be suffice in this respect, as I do not stretch my canvas). I intend on moving into my own apartment long before the 3-year lease is up, and a small SUVs would greatly facilitate things. Here on Long Island, the winters are hit or miss, and I know the Mustang has the reputation of being rendered useless by inclement weather, nor is the car particularly reliable altogether, as I have heard some nightmarish anecdotal accounts. Mustang owners - could you provide me with your own experiences?

Well, I just blasted the Mustang, didn't intend to sound so harsh. I don't think there'd be a car as fun to drive in this price range, and of course I'm interested in picking up chicks at my age. The Element, on the other hand, is kind hideous, although I find it to have a trace of adorableness. The more benign looking CR-V is boring, and I would have to settle for a front wheel drive version stripped of all luxuries to get the payments to 299 (where the Element is, although that has XM radio, alloy wheels, etc.)

Believe me, if the price for the Mustang was right I'd bite the bullet, it's pretty neat that you have the option of browsing the inventory of each Ford dealership from their website. Unfortunately, it just says the price, color, trim level, but doesn't provide the list of ameneties.

I really do love the Mustang though, it is the car I desire the most, just not practical.

Thanks
I hear ya, sounds like the stang isn't the car for you. Its a blast to drive, but in a completely different league then those other cars. Though I consider mine practical, those are much more practical. Maybe at some point in your life you'll have the pleasure of owning a 'stang!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:47 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

Winter driving with rear wheel drive is not a big deal, and I actually prefer it - they are much better at communicating road conditions. FWD will sneak up and bite you, trust me. The only type of drive system I'd prefer in snow is AWD, but they don't make a Mustang like that yet.

I drive country 2-lane roads every day to work and it still doesn't pay to have something other than RWD.

The car is a little cramped when I start trying to fit lots of cargo in it, or large items. But, aside from that, I don't think it's impractical as a daily driver.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:33 PM
qdogg290

Thanks,

I was kind of hoping for some optimistic remarks...that are sincere of course. I really want the Mustang to be my car, and I'm trying hard to rationalize purchasing it over one of the Hondas. I located a Tungsten Grey V6 out east, a decent ways from my house. It has all the features I want, here it is:

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dea...7555&modelId=9

I tried to negotiate a deal over the phone, he initially said mid 3s with a 3000 downpayment (taxes, bank fees included). I wanted low 300s, but he refused to lower it over the phone, he wanted my presence. I know I'll have more leverage in person, but I'm not sure if it is worth making the trip, that is, if I'm not going to get the figures down to 315 area. He was giving me 317, but thought I was referring to a similar car with Manual transmission, so it's kind of hard to fathom them giving me nearly the same car w/ automatic for that very price, or slightly higher.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:56 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

http://www87.forddirect.fordvehicles...amp;statetoken=
Old 06-20-2007, 07:58 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

the lease on there says 317 for the options u want
Old 06-21-2007, 01:43 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

That is a horrible price, iam buying my stang for 390 for 5 years. Go to another dealer, hes just trying to dupe you and buy it at a more expensive price before the 08's come on the lots. IMO WAIT in the next month or two they are going to have some huge savings.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:06 AM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

FWIW, I have a '99 Honda CR-V EX as my daily driver and an '07 Pony Package for the pleasure car.

The CR-V wins hands down on "no tickets, no wrecks (except rear end smashes because of the high tail lights), better 360 degree visabilty, and all weather handling".

The Mustang gets the looks and I always smile when I walk up to it.

Tough choice between the two.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:17 AM
TUGGER

Best decision buying a new carI ever made was to buy my first Mustang 2 months ago. You should do the same.

Quick Reply: I want a Mustang, but...