Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What's the difference???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 02:14 PM
TTSRACINGWORLD
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What's the difference???

On our cars, the tank doesn't come out. They go threw the back seat to replace the pump. there is a access panel under the bottom of the back seat so they will have to mess with the exh. I have the same problem. We drove the car to N.C. for Nascar race and when I would get off the highway it would hesitate. I only have 9,966 mile on mine. What kind of miles do you have?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:36 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

I informed the mechanic that I was aware of that TSB, I think that is why not much was said in regards to fixing the issue without a battle. In the past with warranty work on our other cars, it was like pulling teeth!!!

My car has 27500 on it now. From the carfax I got, it was a poor rental carin 2005 which racked up almost 22k, then sold at auction. The second owner had it 9 months & 4500 mile, tinted all the widows and did the Magnaflows, and back to auction it went.Then me, I have put 1k on it in a month, but it was a new toy so I was driving all over the place. Normally I only go 3k a year. If they go through the back seat, how is this a 4 hour job??? Of course I havea full tank of gas right now, so they told me to drive all over the place this weekend to drain as muchgas out of the tank so they could drop it, then whatever was still in the tank when it goes in, they will transfer it to a holding tank then pump it back into my tank when done.
Wondering if they even know what they are doing???
Old 06-22-2007, 10:05 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Time to find a new dealer Rowdy...

I had ZERO problems with the TSB... scheduled me right in on saturday...

Didn't fix my problem though...

My DUAL EXHAUST fixed the hesitation!

Not a single bog after almost 10,000 miles!!!!

SOHC
Old 06-25-2007, 10:25 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Well, I am back from the dealership from getting repairs. I had a 7:30 am appointment for the "noise" to be fixed, which ends up being the TSB for a fuel pump sending assembly, haven't figured out if they knew that on their own or went off what I told them, since they aren't the brightest bunch.While they had the car they were also to replace the fuel filter. Well, tick tock almost 5 hours later, the phone rings. "Your car is done" I asked the gal on the phone if they did everyhting, she says they changed out the warranty fuel assembly. I asked about the filter... no they didn't do it. Put it back in the shop again for another hour. Ring ring... "we are done now". Go get the car, sure enough, turn the key and no noise!I can even put the key in and turn it straight to the start without pausing in the 3rd position and it fires right up. Sitting at a traffic light, themn give it a little gas to go and it goes... no more hesitation then rocket launching effect.
Now the interesting part: the mechanics notes read "fixed as per tsb 06-9-9 sending / fuel assembly replacement; problem fixed for now. What the heck does he mean "for now"???
The bad part: I spent the next 2 hours shampooing dirt and grimey footprints out of my carpet, grease/oil marks off the inside door panels and off the leather seats. And not sure what, but they set something on top or the car, I am thinking maybe the back seat, because the marks in the layer of dust go from one side to the other. Luckily for them, it all is clean now. I really neede dto do the carpets anyway, but that is besides the point. I would have had them send it into their detail shop, but they have some weirdos in there!
Nevertheless, the whole process took all day to complete, from repairs to cleaning up after the repairs, but the car runs much better than before!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:09 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the repair.

Enjoy your stang.

Get a new dealer anyway...

SOHC