Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Powerhouse goodies

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:40 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

Default Powerhouse goodies

I've been talking with Mike a lot lately over at PowerHouse to try and get some little things done before I go for the turbo. Right now he's setting me up with just about every suspension upgrade possible, every brace, every bar, every arm, etc. I'm waiting for another call back to hear how much it'll be for them to do my 8.8 rear with 3.73s and T-lok. I also ordered shorty headers.This is gonna make a world of difference in the car!

I also ordered custom seat upholstery and dash kit from MRT today. I've also been waiting for my SilverHorseRacing louvers.I'm trying to figure out what mufflers to go with on the exhaust PH is setting up for me. Regular GT mufflers seems kinda boring, might just go ford racing or something like that. Any suggestions?

I'll also probably pick up a head unit later just for appearance purposes. Also my cervini's bumper and mirrors are finished in the paint shop, hopefully I can get all of that on today.

Edit: Just wanted to actually have a list of what's being put in:
tubular lower control arms
double adjustable upper control arm
double adjustable panhard bar
anti-squat bracket
k-member brace with torque limiter
strut tower brace
shorty headers
8.8 rear end with 3.73s and T-lok

Total (including tax, since I'm in PA) was 2609.65 plus freight. I may have to pay freight in and out for the gears to be installed in the rear, but I'm having everything shipped to a perfomance shop much closer to me to have it all installed. I'm waiting on that quote. I'm also going to have them build my exhaust to Mike's specifications. Should I just go with the gt mufflers for now, or does anyone have recommendations?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Powerhouse goodies

I had the GT takeoff mufflers for about 4-5 months on the car and actually thought they sounded great. After upping the boost on the car, I wanted to get as much flow as possible without going with a Stinger type muffler. I put on the Ford Racing GTA mufflers which flow a little better, but in my opinion the car doesn't sound quite as good. Granted, I don't run cats so the sound would probably be good if I had high flow cats on. I also wanted no drone, so in that regard the GTA's are good.
You would have to ask Rygen and Fazm what they run for mufflers as I don't recall offhand.
You probably don't need the anti-squat brackets unless you are lowered. If you are then disregard.
You plan on racing the car? If so, then the rest of the suspension mods look worthwhile. Also, if you do plan on racing you will want to look into drag radials asap as running on street tires it will be spin city.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:06 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

Install quote was 1200-1300 for everything, and I'm going to have to wait until mytech speaks with Mike to hearwhat they'll charge for the exhaust work. Still consideringaftermarket mufflers.Needless to say I'm going to wait before I buy anything else and then I'll be in perfect shape for the turbo! I'll probably save to have enough for a tranny swap out at the same time too, as I hear that's a big weak point for us. (I'm manual)
Old 06-22-2007, 03:09 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckman

I had the GT takeoff mufflers for about 4-5 months on the car and actually thought they sounded great. After upping the boost on the car, I wanted to get as much flow as possible without going with a Stinger type muffler. I put on the Ford Racing GTA mufflers which flow a little better, but in my opinion the car doesn't sound quite as good. Granted, I don't run cats so the sound would probably be good if I had high flow cats on. I also wanted no drone, so in that regard the GTA's are good.
You would have to ask Rygen and Fazm what they run for mufflers as I don't recall offhand.
You probably don't need the anti-squat brackets unless you are lowered. If you are then disregard.
You plan on racing the car? If so, then the rest of the suspension mods look worthwhile. Also, if you do plan on racing you will want to look into drag radials asap as running on street tires it will be spin city.
Yeah I'm lowered about an inch and a half. I'll probably go more after I see how low this new bumper sits. Also the car really needs to be recentered. I'll probably go with the GTAs for a while, mostly for cost effectiveness, and your recommendation haha. I'll probably only run the 9 psi tune at first. I'd want to build up the motor before I went any higher. I'll probably be running cats, but I'll have to speak with my tech. Thanks for the advice!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

You may want to contact Fazm in regards to trans options. He is a manual and I know he has addressed this issue with his car.
Rygen and I are both exploring options as far as auto trans.
You can pick up GT takeoff mufflers for about 50 bucks, for the money you are laying down that is a drop in the bucket to throw on the car to see if you like them. They flow better than the V6 muffler, and sound great.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:18 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

Thanks! I figure I might as well just get the duals going now, wait for the turbo and see how it sounds. It's no big deal if down the line I want a new sound. I mostly just don't want any popping and that's no problem with the GT mufflers. The trans would definitely come after the turbo, not sure if I'd do the engine build before it or not. I'll probably buya new rear bumper just for cosmetics if I have enough cash left over for now. I gotta find a new paint guy, I didn't like this shop much!

Thanks again for all the help
Old 06-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

What about JBA mufflers, no drone and are a tad big louder than the Gt takeoffs, And boy you are gonna have an awesome setup!! Congrats!!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:41 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

i went with a custom built t5 for my application. its been working great so far.

the stock t5 lasted about7 trips down the track (3 of which werent even full on runs) before it decided to grenade on the 460rwtq.

the new one has lasted about 8 times down the track so far, and about 5k street miles, and so far so good.

id contact ur local transmission shop and ask them about doing a hardened/cryo'ed t5
Old 06-22-2007, 06:08 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

does anyone know what our specific t5 is rated at from the factory? i'd imagine it's somethng like 330 ft lbs, but i can't find it.