Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone paint their spoiler black?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 09:49 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Default Anyone paint their spoiler black?

I was thinking of paintingthe spoiler on my 2006 Tungsten Grey coupe black. Has anyone done this? If so how did you prep it and what paint did you use? I think it should be a flat or satin black rather than a gloss black. I would like to get my hood painted the same color between the two ridges.Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Bandit111
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone paint their spoiler black?

Mine is gloss black on my tungsten.It is a matter of personal taste,but i think it goes with my gloss black rims,bezel,tail light bracketsand stripes well.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:53 PM
trpcthndr
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I went for gloss black too. I also painted my entire hood black (maybe should have only done the middle, but on short notice I went with the whole hood). Anyway, matches my side stripes, glossy black-out panel and fuel door nicely (at least I think so).
Old 06-24-2007, 12:23 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

I went for gloss black on my satin silver
Old 06-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i guess im the odd one haha i went for the mach 1 look. or thats kinda what im going for so i painted mine matte black. soon i will have matteblack louvers
Old 06-24-2007, 02:53 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

I'm with you Dwis, I like the matte black finish. Would've done the same thing as you if my car wasn't black. Looks great.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:00 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

thanks!
Old 06-24-2007, 11:11 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

i guess im the odd one haha i went for the mach 1 look. or thats kinda what im going for so i painted mine matte black. soon i will have matteblack louvers
Did you paint the spoiler yourself? If so, did you just use sandpaper to prepare the surface and then spray paint it? What brand of paint did you use. I like the looks of your spoiler and think that would look good on my car. My spoiler seems to have some funny shaped nuts holding it on to the trunk. Do you need a special tool to remove the spoiler?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Green Machine 123
2nd Gear Member

yup flat finish for me to ...with the legend lime i have ,i figured the flat black would look best with the trunk lid decal in flat aswell
Old 06-24-2007, 07:46 PM
trpcthndr
1st Gear Member

don't get me wrong guys, I love the Mach1 look (flat black). God knows I wish I had one. I choose to go with the glossy black to match my hood and fuel door (and "mustang" side stripes).I also have the '07 V6 spoiler and I wasn't sure how it would look in matte black. I'm hoping to give my car a bit of a Mach1 touch but I'm making everything matte black...just easier to match.
In fact, funny story...my wife gave my car a custom hood when she backed into it with her Dodge Ram. I managed to get a new hood from a GT here local in SA, but it was gonna cost a small fortune to paint to match and then I'd have to redo all my stripes (I originally had 10" racing stripes with 1/4" pinstripes on either side). I opted to just get the hood and spoiler painted Ford UA black to match. Now I want to get my rocker panels painted glossy black too. I kinda wish the whole hood wasn't painted, kinda like the lines of those stangs with the black along the ridge but alas, my car is my pride and joy anyway!

Quick Reply: Anyone paint their spoiler black?