just got my C&L CAI and tune - MustangForums.com

Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

just got my C&L CAI and tune

Old 06-25-2007, 11:57 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Default just got my C&L CAI and tune

and WOW!!!

that is such an amazing difference. i'm currently running brenspeed 87 tune since that's what's in my tank. i drove my car around the block for a bit and i actually chirped my tires in 2nd, a big enough chirp to make the car turn on me a bit. this was with my traction control on! never have i chirped my tires in 2nd with my traction control on. i can't wait till i use up my gas so i can put 91 in and run the 91 tune i have on my x-cal. it was simply amazing, my car was a totally different animal. i love this.

there were a few guys who had asked me to tell them what i think about my CAI and tune when i get it. if you were on the border about wanting one, i'd HIGHLY suggest getting it. it changes the car. i'm so glad i got this and thanks to all the guys who helped decide on what CAI to get.

i'm thinking down the road i'll get a [email protected] tune just to compare.

btw, install was a breeze. took me 30 minutes because i'm a retard and couldn't figure out how to put the damn thing on, but i got it and did it.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...a/P6240002.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...a/P6240001.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...P6240001_1.jpg

and yes i know my engines dirty....i dont know wht to do to clean it
Old 06-26-2007, 12:04 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: just got my C&L CAI and tune

ohh btw, any guys with the C&L, do you know what the zipties are for?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:34 AM
xTato
1st Gear Member

to secure it to the brakelines so that the heat shield doesnt move around on you.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:45 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xTato

to secure it to the brakelines so that the heat shield doesnt move around on you.
ohh, which one are the brake lines?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:09 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

You should'nt need to secure it if it's on correctly. Mine hasn't moved a bit. BTW.. Congrats! Can you believe it?
The brenspeed tunes shift hard.. and have lots of torque. If you go with [email protected], don't get the race tune.. it shifts really smooth.. and will feel slower.. but that was just my experience. My guess is that the "standard" brenspeed tune is like the [email protected] torque tune.
Unless you have money to burn.. the brenspeed tune is about as good as it gets for daily driving.

I love hearing the hiss of the C&L when I give it a little gas..
Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 AM
xTato
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

You should'nt need to secure it if it's on correctly. Mine hasn't moved a bit. BTW.. Congrats! Can you believe it?
The brenspeed tunes shift hard.. and have lots of torque. If you go with [email protected], don't get the race tune.. it shifts really smooth.. and will feel slower.. but that was just my experience. My guess is that the "standard" brenspeed tune is like the [email protected] torque tune.
Unless you have money to burn.. the brenspeed tune is about as good as it gets for daily driving.

I know what you mean man I love putting the throttle down just to hear that hiss!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:35 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

so you think i dont need those zip ties?
and i could not believe it. as soon as i let it go out of first gear i felt the difference. if i didn't have a damn tear in the sidewall of my tire i would have kept going. i gotta wait till wednesday though to get a new tire. so on wedneday i'll really give it a go once i get that new tire but i'll still play around a bit tomorrow on my way to and from work, gotta love them freeways
Old 06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
DUG5SPD
2nd Gear Member

im in the same boat at you brother. just got the c&l/xcal too and it is amazing, but i have the b a m a 93 race tune, and i would strongly advise gettin' it. I chirp 2nd everytime i get on it, then it pulls through the gear like a bat outa hell.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:27 PM
rbomar

Ok guys, explain to me what the tune does for a manual 5-speed car. I always hear about the autos changing shift points and getting a harder shift but what does it do for a manual? Thanks.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
billybix76
2nd Gear Member

Ok guys, explain to me what the tune does for a manual 5-speed car. I always hear about the autos changing shift points and getting a harder shift but what does it do for a manual? Thanks.
It wont do a thing for a manual. "Shift points" reference an automatic tranny only on the Xcal2. The tuner wont even show the option if you dont have an automatic. So dont worry about it. A manual gives you ultimate control of when it shifts....which is why i have one over an auto.

By the way SDSGUY, welcome to the club! love that brenspeed tune.....